We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

golf trip to phoenix/scottsdale end of may

San Francisco
3 posts
Save Topic
golf trip to phoenix/scottsdale end of may

Planning a golf trip to phoenix end of may. wondering what the weather is going to be like. are we better off making very early tee times and late twilight times to avoid the hot sun. Or will it still be cool enough to play all day.

Any recommendation on golf courses. any all you can play packages?

thanks in advance

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,305 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: golf trip to phoenix/scottsdale end of may

I don't think late May is too bad weather wise. Lots of great courses. Try the TPC Desert course for sure.

chicago
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: golf trip to phoenix/scottsdale end of may

Well every year i get together with 8 guys in scottsdale for 4 days of golf ( 8 rounds) ... weather at that time is perfect for golf all day but it does get hot sometimes...we dont care though...

as far as courses go lemme say we have played a ton over the years and there have become several course that have now become perrennial tracks that we play...

grayhawk... talon and raptor...play the whole day and each lunch at phils grill between rounds...this complex is prolly the best in az in my opinion...

TPC-stadium is a nice track...

The Boulders... either course is sweet...

the Raven at verrado...worth the drive

we-ko-pa ...i heard they opened another course now too

gold canyon ...dinosaur mountain...must play it at least once...

other courses worthwhile...

las sendas

anthem club

talking stick

troon north

legend trail...

i could go on for days...

enjoy...make sure you check the overseeding dates and also the dates that the rates change...you can save a ton of cash by going a weke later sometimes...some courses drop from $275 a round to $60...

3. Re: golf trip to phoenix/scottsdale end of may

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, August 26, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Scottsdale