We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

seeking info about quartzsite flea market

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
seeking info about quartzsite flea market

dates? times? suggestions of what to buy

9 replies to this topic
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,514 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: seeking info about quartzsite flea market

When are you going? What are you looking for?

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,245 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: seeking info about quartzsite flea market

There are all kinds of things to buy in Quartzsite. I once got an old bicycle like the one Pee Wee Herman rode in his movie.Classic machine. Guy did not know what he had.

We just happened to be passing thru town on the way to a race in Parker, and I saw it and had to have it.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: seeking info about quartzsite flea market

DW bought some stones at the rockshop at exit 17.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: seeking info about quartzsite flea market

expect to be there Apr 1 and wondering if there are any "flea markets" still operating at that time, as Jan and Feb are the usual time, I understand.

I'm primarily interested in rocks, minerals, jewelry. Travelling from Palm Springs to Phoenix, hoping to spend about a week in AZ so if there are other spots to buy those sort of items in that general area, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks, folks!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: seeking info about quartzsite flea market

we went and tho the flea markets were pretty much done there was lots to see (and buy!) in the village itself. There is a huge warehouse type place that occupied us for hours. It's not open year round but it was open in April. I'll definitely go back there if I'm ever in the area again.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: seeking info about quartzsite flea market

There are many quality geodes to be found there. If you are lucky you can find some meteorites there.

Bear in mind the town goes from a virtual ghost town in the Summer to a boom town of several tens of thousands of RVs during the Winter. Lots of fun for a day, or much longer if you are a rock hound.

Happy Trails!!!

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: seeking info about quartzsite flea market

Thanks for the feedback...

Arizona
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: seeking info about quartzsite flea market

I know that this topic is a year old, but wanted to add my two cents. While a few of the seasonal vendors set up in Oct, the bulk of the hundreds of temporary vendors (flea markets as you call them) begin appearing in Nov and stay through February. At that point they begin to trickle off and the vast majority are gone by early March. Main St has some brick and mortar vendors, some are seasonal through April and some are year round. In addition to the flea markets, days of shopping can be yours during the big shows that are held during the months of Jan and Feb. Everything under the sun for the home or RV can be found in this little desert town. Lots of the restaurants are seasonal as well as the town booms every Winter. There are about 40 RV parks in town and thousands of people dry camp in the BLM areas. Many of the RV Parks also have park-wide garage sales during the winter as well and good finds can be had at those too. If you'd like to see a calendar of events and shows, I recommend a very complete one that is kept up by one of the RV parks in town. It is much more complete than the one that is done by the town or the chamber of commerce. Go to the events tab at thescenicroad.com I read on an earlier review that someone thought Yuma was a better choice for snowbirds. I disagree, but understand how some folks who want fast access to big chain restaurants and walmart might think so. The truth is that Quartzsite is lower priced overall than larger towns when it comes to RV parking (especially when you consider the BLM option) and restaurants and offers lots to keep people occupied and socializing. There's a reason it is known as "The Gathering Place" and on many RVers' bucket list. The location at the crossroads of the 95 and 10 makes it centrally located within a 90 min drive to big towns like Yuma, Lake Havasu and Phoenix when you need a Home Depot or sushi fix.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: seeking info about quartzsite flea market

Thank you so much for this--we did go and enjoyed it tho the season was definitely over. Having said that, the main street including that monstrous warehouse rock shop was worth stopping. I hope to go sometime while it is "The Gathering Place".

Reply to: seeking info about quartzsite flea market
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Quartzsite
More Quartzsite Topics