We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most scenic route from Prescott to Sedona?

Which Prescott hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
163 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Most scenic route from Prescott to Sedona?

Hi- We're in Prescott and will be heading to Sedona - the route that mapquest gives me is either 169 - 17 - 179, or Alt 89 directly into Sedona....

Any recommendations for which would be the best route to take, scenery wise? They look to be about the same amount of time to get there ( 1 1/2 hours)

Thanks!!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
1,494 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most scenic route from Prescott to Sedona?

I do 89 to 17...

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
56,379 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most scenic route from Prescott to Sedona?

89 doesn't go to I-17.

89A takes you over Mingus Mtn down through Jerome and Cottonwood and on to Sedona. Very scenic mountain road.

169 to I-17 to 179 is also scenic and easier to drive. Another scenic and quirky option would be 169 to Cherry Road and over the mountain down to 260 at Camp Verde. I wouldn't advise it in a rental car though. The road can be dirty and bumpy at times.

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most scenic route from Prescott to Sedona?

89A for me, but what route did you take?

4. Re: Most scenic route from Prescott to Sedona?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, October 10, 2015