We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Recommendation in Prescott...Help!

Basking Ridge, NJ
Level Contributor
49 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Recommendation in Prescott...Help!

I called several hotels in downtown Prescott and every person that I spoke to was extremely ill mannered. They were also completely indifferent to my requests for rates and availability...alone at the desk, didn't have the reservation book available, on another line, etc. One person had the audacity to suggest that if I had to ask about rates then I couldn't afford to stay in their hotel! Rather than respond to such impudence, I hung up. What's up with these people? Anyway, I'd really appreciate any suggestions for a nice place to stay in the downtown area with hotel staff that are polite. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Prescott
Prescott
Arizona
Prescott, AZ
Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Recommendation in Prescott...Help!

Hello Catchafairy. I live here in Prescott and can highly recommend the Hassayampa Inn if you are looking for more "charm" and a historic feel, or Springhill Suites by Marriott if you are in need of something more modern. Both are within the downtown area, close to many great restaurants and shopping. Hope this helps!

Mentioned in this post
Prescott
Prescott
Arizona
Prescott, AZ
Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Recommendation in Prescott...Help!

I forgot to mention that although I live here, I've had the opportunity actually stay at both, so I am speaking first hand.

Philly Burbs
Level Contributor
271 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Recommendation in Prescott...Help!

I stayed at the Prescott Pines Inn. It is a few minuted drive from downtown, not sure if you wanted to be only downtown. The people that run the place are very nice and I liked the place a lot.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
147 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Recommendation in Prescott...Help!

Even though you said you'd like to stay downtown, I recommend a wonderful B&B called Rocamadour. It's located a few miles out of town on Highway 89. The short distance from town is more than made up for by the mesmerizing stars you can see from your private hot tub at night, and in the morning you'll be entranced by the sunrise over the gorgeous red boulders that the B&B is situated atop. Hike to the top of the boulders, and you'll be rewarded with a view of a beautiful lake. The owners are engaging and thoughtful hosts who prepare a first-rate breakfast and have very interesting stories about the years they lived in France. They don't have a web site, but you can look up the address and phone number on the yellow pages search. There are also some reviews on Tripadvisor. Don't be put off by the reviews that say that the rooms aren't cozy. I really can't imagine what the reviewers are dissatisfied about. I'm pretty particular about where I stay, and having stayed in over 50 B&Bs, I'd rate this one in the top 15. It's just a much more interesting experience than staying in a hotel. Hope you enjoy your trip wherever you decide to stay. If you like contemporary art and craft, visit Newman Gallery downtown.

Prescott, AZ
Level Contributor
199 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Recommendation in Prescott...Help!

I've also heard nothing but good things about Rocamadour. It's located in a gorgeous location....Granite Dells. I can only imagine what it must be like at night in the jacuzzi! Heaven!

I second the recommendation for the Newman Gallery. I'm biased though as Dave and Donna Newman are friends of mine. They do have lots of interesting things however.

Basking Ridge, NJ
Level Contributor
49 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Recommendation in Prescott...Help!

Thanks, everyone! After all this, my husband decided that he'd rather stay in Sedona. Sigh...

Mentioned in this post
Sedona
Sedona
Arizona