We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any New Restaurants?

Southbury...
Level Contributor
87 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Any New Restaurants?

Last visited Prescott in August 2007 and our family is returning February 2009. Any new restaurants in Prescott or Prescott Valley that one might recommend? In past 2 visits we've tried Murphy's, Gurley Street Grill, Waffle Iron, The Office, Prescott Brewing Co, The Palace. How's Bin 239? And is there anything but fastfood in Prescott Valley?

Chino Valley...
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any New Restaurants?

A classic (a good) breakfast place is the Dinner Bell in dowtown Prescott. Another classic is Kendalls (also downtown) As far as P.V. goes, they have Chilis, Buffalo Wild Wings, Cracker Barrel, and a couple other normal, big chain restaurants, but beyond that, nothing spectacular.

I hope you have a wonderful trip.

Watch out for the photo radar in Prescott Valley

-It hasn't yet made it to Prescott.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any New Restaurants?

We just came back from Prescott and ate at two restaurants we had never been to before: Firehouse Kitchen for dinner, and Roosters Cafe for breakfast the next morning.

Firehouse Kitchen is a little pricey but had great food. Had the pork chop and it was absolutely amazing. Go early though because it's very small and fills up quickly.

Roosters is fairly new and we really liked the food. The waitress had the personality of a dead fish, but other than that, it was a pleasant experience and had good prices. We will definitely go again.

Hope that helps!

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
5 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any New Restaurants?

I just realized that there isn't even a TripAdvisor listing for my favorite Italian restaurant in Prescott....La Bruzza's. We have been going there for years. It is small, parking is atrocious, but once you're inside, prepare for fresh salad, warm bread, and a whole long list of specials. My favorite is the Chicken Parmesean Alfredo. IMPORTANT NOTE....La Bruzza's does not serve alcohol. YOU BRING YOUR OWN WINE. We just plan ahead and choose a really nice bottle of red when we do our regular shopping. It keeps the price of dinner WAY down, and the server will bring the corkscrew and glasses to your table. This place is usually packed. Get there early or prepare to wait. Totally worth it. Hope this note got to you before your trip. La Bruzza's is on Iron Springs Road. Safe Travels.

Southbury...
Level Contributor
87 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any New Restaurants?

Well, we ended up going to the same restaurants as the previous trip: Gurley Street Grill, The Palace, Prescott Brewery...all still good. Son took us to breakfast at Zeke's Eating Place in PV. Food was terrific and the entertainment value of the Wagon Wheel Pancakes can't be underestimated. I highly recommend Zeke's (and not just because it's a favorite fraternity hang-out of my son's friends).

We think we were zapped by the photo radar on one trip through PV...waiting for the ticket to be forwarded through Enterprise. We thought we were being careful, but did see a strobe light one afternoon...waiting the outcome.

Chino Valley...
Level Contributor
12 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any New Restaurants?

Hopefully the photo radar was just a test, or someone next to you.

I myself have been "flashed" by the radar a couple times, but have yet to recieve a ticket.

Usually, if it is a rental car, they won't bother with sending a ticket.

Good luck.

Southbury...
Level Contributor
87 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any New Restaurants?

Also could have been a sunlight reflection? We are hopeful that Enterprise absorbs the cost. Son did warn us continually about the photo radar in PV.

7. Re: Any New Restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, October 18, 2009