We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grady Gammage by Phoenix Light Rail

Page, Arizona
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Grady Gammage by Phoenix Light Rail

On the Phoenix Light Rail map it appears that the Light Rail stops about a mile short of Grady Gammage Auditorium in Tempe and walking is necessary after departing the Tempe Transport Center. May I have some feedback on riding the Light Rail to a play at Grady Gammage, or is it more adviseable to drive my car and park? Thank you for a reply.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
990 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grady Gammage by Phoenix Light Rail

It's probably better to drive and park. Parking can be a bit painful but there are police directing traffic who will wave you to where you need to go. On the other hand, if you don't mind walking a mile and the weather is nice the light rail would work too. You would want to get off at Mill Avenue rather than the Transportation Center. There is a shuttle called Orbit that runs every 15 minutes that looks like it goes down Mill between the rail stop and Gammage, but I've never used it. Maybe somebody here could provide details.

Page, Arizona
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grady Gammage by Phoenix Light Rail

Thank you for your advice. I am thinking that what you said about driving and parking might work out better also. I will allow extra time since I heard it's a sold-out performance of Motown. Again, thanks!

3. Re: Grady Gammage by Phoenix Light Rail

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 19, 2016