We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A good prime rib

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
55 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
A good prime rib

Last weekend, my husband and I had a fabulous steak dinner... he had a wonderfully tender delmonico, and I had an amazing prime rib. Thick, tender, wonderfully seasoned.

Sadly, we were in Massachusetts. We live in Phoenix.

I've lived in Phoenix a long time, in fact, and so it's sad that I don't know where I'd go if I wanted a really good prime rib tonight. I've had decent prime rib at a number of places - El Chorro, Durant's, Monti's, Rustler's Rooste, even Outback will do. But those are not the level I'm looking for, a memorably good meal. So I figured I should ask the collective for suggestions.

Bonus points if the meat and sides are under $30 -- since the bill for two with a bottle of wine last weekend was $63.

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A good prime rib

We eat out a lot when I go to Phx for the weekends and haven't found that many great prime ribs. If you don't mind chains Texas Roadhouse(exellent ribeye) is good and so is Claim Jumpers. And around $20 a plate for the prime rib depending on the size you get.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
213 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A good prime rib

Try Stockyards. I really liked the prime rib there and I am a huge fan. Phoenix New Times named it best prime rib in 2003. It is located in between downtown Phoenix and Tempe at 5001 E. Washington. There is construction going on in front of the place, but the sign says they are open for business and from what I hear they just underwent a remodel a short while ago.

For steak in general, one of my all time favorites is Drinkwater's City Hall. Melt in your mouth good, but a bit spendy.

Phoenix
Level Contributor
660 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A good prime rib

We've always enjoyed Houstons. There is one in Scotsdale and one in the Biltmore area.

I thought their prime rib was very good.

4. Re: A good prime rib

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 am, August 14, 2009