We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 weeks in &around Phoenix- restaurant recommendations pls

Uk
Level Contributor
346 posts
167 reviews
Save Topic
2 weeks in &around Phoenix- restaurant recommendations pls

Hi

We have finally booked our April holiday, staying at the Wigwam Arizona for 5 nights, 2 nights in Tucson, a few nights at the firesky and 5 nights at the Hilton Squaw Peak. We plan to do a few day trips, but are coming with a 5 year old so he really wants pools! We have been to Arizona a few times before but not stayed on any of these hotels and I wondered whether anybody had any restaurant recommendations anywhere near any of them? Breakfast places would be great too. Finally we went to an ice cream place in one of the older hotels last time which was fab, can't for the life of me remember where it was though, can anybody remind me? Thanks so much

Nic

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 weeks in &around Phoenix- restaurant recommendations pls

During your stay at Hilton Squaw Peak, try Aunt Chilada's Mexican restaurant, across the street from you. It has good food, great patio seating and excellent happy hour. Also within walking distance, there is Galleghar's Irish!!Pub and Bambo China. There are tons more places in the restaurant corridor, just west of you along Central Ave as well as as The Arizona Biltmore area to the east.

Can't think of the ice cream place you're thinking of, but when you're in Scottsdale, don't miss Sugar bowl ice cream. It's quite an experience: http://www.sugarbowlscottsdale.com/

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
533 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 weeks in &around Phoenix- restaurant recommendations pls

Aunt Chilada's is average, Barrio Queen in Scottsdale (when you're at Firesky) is much better. It's real Mexican food - not processed cheese covered tortillas. If you like guacamole, be sure to order it there. They are limited on children's drinks, however.

Near the Hilton on Piestewa Peak (I can't believe they still call it "Squaw Peak") is an American diner called 5 & Diner that's interesting. There is also a 5 & Diner in Scottsdale at the Pavillions shopping center - which is also the location of a long-running car show (that's free) every Saturday evening.

One of the best pancake shops - and who doesn't like pancakes :) - is in Scottsdale and is called The Original Pancake House. One of my favorites there is the apple pancake - it easily feeds two, and the cherry crepes are good too.

The Wildflower Bread Company has a location across the road from the Railroad Park in Scottsdale - my daughter's favorite dish there is the meatball meal for kids.

3. Re: 2 weeks in &around Phoenix- restaurant recommendations pls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 05, 2015