We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with Car Rental desk available, near PHX

Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
993 posts
173 reviews
Save Topic
Hotels with Car Rental desk available, near PHX

I know this gets asked often, but I have not been able to find a good source of answers

Which hotels nearby PHX have a car rental desk available for rentals? Within say a 10 minute ride from the airport?

Am looking to reduce my 1 week rental car expense for a family trip next March. Renting from the airport is like $100 more than renting offsite I see. Not willing to throw money to the wind like that.

If necessary we can spend a night at the hotel if that enables us to use the rental car desk.

Thanks!

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels with Car Rental desk available, near PHX

I don't know of any near the airport, but it doesn't mean they don't exist. I would suggest combining your hotel and rental car on sites like hotwire.com and see how the price compares to doing them individually. It might also make more sense to take a taxi to pick up your car if you get a good enough deal on the hotel without a rental car desk. When renting off site, please note their office hours and make sure it works with your arrival and departure time.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,532 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels with Car Rental desk available, near PHX

Chaparral Suites in downtown Scottsdale has an airport shuttle for guests and a Dollar counter in the lobby. It used to be an Embassy Suites and is a great location.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,528 posts
231 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels with Car Rental desk available, near PHX

Rather than searching for hotels, I'd recommend searching for the car rental brand that you want to use. And if you find an agency off site from Sky Harbor, do confirm their staffing days and hours. The airport facility is open 24/7. Not so off site.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
878 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels with Car Rental desk available, near PHX

The airport Hilton at 2435 South 47th Street has a Hertz desk for guest only. The Renaissance in downtown Phoenix - you can get their by SkyTrain/Light Rail -- has an Enterprise desk that anyone can use.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels with Car Rental desk available, near PHX

There is a La Quinta just about 2&1/2 miles north of the airport. They have a shuttle and there is an Avis rental office in the Sears tire store just around the corner. I think there is also an Enterprise at the corner. If you decide to stay there, you will find a sparkling pool for the kids, clean, inexpensive rooms, and more than a dozen reasonably priced places to eat within walking distance. You can also shop at any of three grocery stores right there at the Arcadia Crossing strip center. All in a safe neighborhood. It is only about 10 minutes from the freeway which will get you anywhere you want to go.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g31310-d74758-R…

Edited: 8:55 pm, December 20, 2013
NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels with Car Rental desk available, near PHX

I have stayed at the Hampton Inn on Scottsdale Rd, now a Red Lion Inn, free shuttle, Hertz HLE two miles away, hotel shuttle will also bring you there. Only thing is off site locations are open only during business hours. It is worth considering with the money you save unless you need a rental as soon as you land.

Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
993 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels with Car Rental desk available, near PHX

Wow all good stuff guys thanks. We will be flying in mid morning weekday so hours wise I would think most locations should be open.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotels with Car Rental desk available, near PHX

Please come back and let us know what you pick and how it works out.

Rochester, MN
Level Contributor
993 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotels with Car Rental desk available, near PHX

OK, since we were planning on leaving PHX and heading right out of town toward Tucson (where we will spend the bulk of our trip), I can't really use a hotel shuttle to get to a rental car location as we will not be staying there that night. We prefer to use Hertz as my wife has a corporate account CDP with them.

I did find a Hertz HLE at the junction of N Central Ave and W. Indian School Rd with some really good rates for a weekly rental, more than $80 less than renting on-airport.

Am I correct in seeing that the light rail has a stop nearby this Hertz location? I think we would be willing to 'ride the rail' for 20 minutes or so to save some dough, unless this would be a serious pain the rear.

Looking for thoughts. If I am making things too complicated then I will just scrap it all, pay up, and rent from PHX.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotels with Car Rental desk available, near PHX

Are you flying Allegiant Air? If so, forget what has been said here as you will arrive at Gateway Airport, which is in Mesa and quite a distance from Sky Harbor. That will change things dramatically. Check the Gateway website. There are car rental agencies there, but getting to an offsite agency will be difficult.