We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Logistics with car rental, taxi & light rail usage

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Logistics with car rental, taxi & light rail usage

I thought I would post a new thread since my plans have changed.

So we arrive in Phoenix in January on a Friday, we immediately stay at Holiday Inn at the airport due to the late arrival ( using points) 3320 S. 48th st.

Next day I have a car rental pick up scheduled from Avis at 4469 E.Thomas Road by Arcadia Crossing Sears Auto Center for 2 days @$78

So I found a Taxi rate website and it looks to be around $15 fare from the Holiday Inn to Avis.

Then the following 2 nights we are staying at Homewood Suites 2001 E. Highland Avenue ( again with points)

To return the car on Monday evening and return to the hotel is around $20 taxi fare then

to get to the airport next morning their shuttle can take us up to 5 mile radius and can connect with the Lightrail at Central & Camelback or taxi for $22

This is not the best set up and am looking for suggestions since I can change the hotel so that it is closer to the Light rail metro and perhaps closer to the car rental. ( which I can also try to change)

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,053 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Logistics with car rental, taxi & light rail usage

Ok thanks.. I have a good car rental deal it's just not too conveniently located to Homewood Suites.

I am leaning towards another Hilton property closer to it once I acquire the necessary points to change hotels.

Looking at the Hampton Inn Phoenix Airport North which has the free 24hr shuttle service to the airport and to the Phoenix Metro Light Rail 44th St. Station

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Logistics with car rental, taxi & light rail usage

That is a horrible neighborhood. Please read my posts 20 and 21 on your other thread/

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g31310-i140-k61530…

13. Re: Logistics with car rental, taxi & light rail usage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 02, 2014