We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arizona Southwest shuttle-Gateway airport to Scottsdale

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Topic
Arizona Southwest shuttle-Gateway airport to Scottsdale

Has anybody used this shuttle before? Concerns? My wife and I and our son arrive 10:30 on A sunday night at the Gateway airport and need to get to our hotel in Scottsdale and was wondering has anybody used this firm before for a shuttle. Thanks

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
2,003 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arizona Southwest shuttle-Gateway airport to Scottsdale

This is a fairly new airport with limited transportation options. There are several reviews on yelp.com which you may find useful.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Arizona Southwest shuttle-Gateway airport to Scottsdale

I have my name is Dave, I used them just about 3 weeks ago, small company, white vans that were clean driver was nice, talked alot. seemed a little too happy for me but it was good fare and i got there safely. i would use them again.

Edmonton, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Arizona Southwest shuttle-Gateway airport to Scottsdale

We just traveled to Arizona this past September, 2013 and honestly, this shuttle service was horrible! Never will I use Arizona Southwest Shuttle again, nor would ever recommend them to anyone.We booked the shuttle to pick us up on Tuesday, Oct 15 at 1145pm. When we called to book the shuttle, the person I was speaking to said they would send us an email to confirm our booking. Problem #1: the email never came. The day before our arrival, we called the company to confirm that a shuttle would pick us up at 1145PM at the Sky Harbor Airport, someone assured us that they would be there. Problem #2: On the night of our arrival the shuttle was late and we waited until exactly 1245 for the shuttle to arrive. The day before our departure from Arizona, once again we called Arizona Southwest Shuttle to confirm that a shuttle would pick us up at 530pm sharp at our hotel on October 23, as we needed to be at the airport 2 hours early to catch an international flight. They once again assured us that they would be there at 530. Needless to say, Problem #3 occured, when the shuttle did not arrive until 605pm - 35 minutes later than they had said. My husband called numerous times to try and figure out why no one was coming to pick us up, but every time he either got put on hold, or his call went straight to a voicemail - not very helpful in this situation I think you'll agree. So much for the 15 minute GUARANTEE that is mentioned on their website. When the shuttle finally arrived, the driver apologized and said it had been a problem with the dispatch person, but later when I talked to Dave on the phone, he said the driver was new and had been late to all of his 4 calls that day. Of course, at this point I have no idea which story to believe because we didn't meet a single person through this shuttle service that kept their word.

PLEASE, spend a few extra bucks and use a more reliable and professional service. Whenever I call them up to mention the issues I had, they (Dave) either put me on hold and never pick up again, or pass the blame on someone else, or at this point, they just always put me through to voicemail.

So basically, don't ever consider this shuttle service!

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,463 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arizona Southwest shuttle-Gateway airport to Scottsdale

While there's only two responses with experience, I would choose a different service. Super Shuttle operates at the Mesa Gateway Airport and is reliable.

5. Re: Arizona Southwest shuttle-Gateway airport to Scottsdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 07, 2014