We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dollar Car Rental Scottsdale

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
170 reviews
Save Topic
Dollar Car Rental Scottsdale

Anyone had any experience with this company? AND, any suggestions for a good cab company from the airport to Scottsdale/ I have discovered way cheaper not to rent car at airport so, renting one locally day after I arrive. Any help appreciated! Thanks.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dollar Car Rental Scottsdale

There are three cab companies that operate out of Sky Harbor, at the same rate. skyharbor.com/transportationparking/limosAnd…

Don't have any first hand experience with this Dollar location, but you should be fine with them or any other major comapny. Will you be dropping off at the airport? You need to make sure the Scottsdale office hours work with you return flight schedule and if you can drop off at the airport and if there is a charge for that.

Edited: 4:32 pm, April 12, 2013
Jersey Shore, NJ
Level Contributor
33 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dollar Car Rental Scottsdale

How funny. I was doing car rental research today as well and am also planning to arrive at the airport and then head to the Dollar at the Chaparral Suites in Scottsdale. I've used Dollar in other cities and they have been fine. I did see that the hotel where Dollar is runs a shuttle to/from the airport but I don't know if people who are going there just to rent a car can use it. I will probably call them closer to my trip to find out. If not I'll just get in the cab line and cab it over there.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dollar Car Rental Scottsdale

Wow! Thanks for the info, super helpful. I hope you have a wonderful trip! I have never been and am really looking forward to it. Take care. Julia

buc
upper sandusky, ohio
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dollar Car Rental Scottsdale

How much would cab fare be approximately? I decided to do the same just depends on cab fare if I keep the reservation. There will be 4 of us (2 adults, 2Kids) thanks

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
2,021 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dollar Car Rental Scottsdale

I would estimate around $40.00, give or take, depending on the traffic. Phone numbers are listed below if you would like to call them for an estimate:

phxskyharbor.com/transportationparking/limos…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dollar Car Rental Scottsdale

I just got home to Canada and I was really pleased with Dollar Car Rental at Chaparral Suites. Super little car, great on gas, perfect. Guy at the rental location was really decent. I would use them again in a heart beat! I used Super Shuttle to and from airport. Another great deal!

Findlay, Ohio
Level Contributor
41 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dollar Car Rental Scottsdale

Hi,

I am renting thru budget at the tempe, az location (N Scootsdale Rd). Used a coupon from retailmenot and got a good deal. Was able to return to the airport for no extra charge. There is a Red Lion Inn across the street which offers free shuttle service to the airport.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dollar Car Rental Scottsdale

I've had good luck with Enterprise, don't know Dollar. But definitely recommend taking the Super Shuttle to airport rather than private taxi - maybe $15/person plus tip the driver $1/bag for luggage - just give yourself an hour in case they pick up other people. You can reserve and pay on line.

Edited: 1:09 am, August 13, 2013
New York
Level Contributor
900 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dollar Car Rental Scottsdale

I had flat booked for months and Couple weeks out I checked rates kayak and Fox was 20 dollars more and from airport. Worth It for sure. Take a look now or when you trip gets closer.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,833 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dollar Car Rental Scottsdale

All advisors say Do Not Use Fox in PHX

Get answers to your questions about Phoenix