We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scottsdale Culinary Festival in April

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Scottsdale Culinary Festival in April

Greetings, folks.

In doing my research for my upcoming trip to AZ, I've discovered that there is a culinary festival happening the weekend of April 12-14 - the Scottsdale Culinary Festival! I'm arriving into Phoenix the evening of the 12th and would love to catch a bit of this (looks like rather large!) event.

What caught my eye was the Blues and Brews event - is it worth taking in for the afternoon? Is there something else from the culinary festival worth checking out? Any tips and insights would be most appreciated!

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
451 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scottsdale Culinary Festival in April

The Blues and Brews event is part of the Great Arizona Picnic. You have to pay admission to both events to get into the Blues and Brews area. The Blues and Brews area has all kind of beer tastings and the Picnic area has all kinds of food tastings (over 50 restaurants participating). Blues and Brews is on Sunday of the festival which I MUCH prefer to Saturday. Saturday is just way too crazy (although I have had some really good times on Saturday too). It's certainly a great way to spend the day especially if the weather is nice. For these events you have to buy tasting tickets in addition to the admission so depending on how many things you want to try the price can add up.

Most of the other events the week of the culinary festival are evening events and all inclusive so the ticket prices are higher but your food and drink is included. I hope to make it to the Burger Battle this year. It got rave reviews last year. I have been to the Eat Drink Be Pretty Party a few times too and it's always fun. The Great Arizona Picnic is by far the largest of all the events. You can read about the Picnic and all the surrounding events here...

scottsdalefest.org/…

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scottsdale Culinary Festival in April

Thanks, wormcreative, for the quick reply! Appreciate your feedback - and I think we'll skip Saturday, too - the Sunday afternoon Picnic and B'nB events sound right up our alley!

Caz

Goodyear, Arizona
Level Contributor
259 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scottsdale Culinary Festival in April

I have been trying to go to this Festival for the past 3 years and this year I finally get to (well, part of it anyway). Our family is staying in Phoenix for a week and my husband and I are going to the Wine and Chocolate Experience Wednesday night. Then we'll take the fam to the Picnic on the wknd. I am excited. I am a personal chef and love going to culinary events. If we love it, we'll return next year.

Chandler, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
837 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scottsdale Culinary Festival in April

If you want to splurge, I've gone to Cooks & Corks twice, and it was great! As with the others, you need to pay to get into the Great AZ picnic, then have separate tickets for Cooks. It is indoors, and they do a few different demos, and I found the food to be much better than the picnic--and there's wine :)

I've gone to the culinary festival at least 5 different times. The weather can be hit/miss... It could already be a bit toasty by then, with temps in the mid 90s, or it could be cool, rainy, overcast.

The beer gardens are pretty nice. They are kid-free, which can be a refreshing change, as the picnic can get pretty busy with strollers.

Hope you have a great trip!

Scottsdale, AZ
Level Contributor
451 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scottsdale Culinary Festival in April

FYI: There are discount tickets for the festival today on Living Social. If you go to that site and look up Phoenix you should be able to find them. Cheers!

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
98 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scottsdale Culinary Festival in April

Thanks, wormcreative, for the heads up!

7. Re: Scottsdale Culinary Festival in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 27, 2014