We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants with playgrounds but NOT fast food :)

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Antonio, Texas
2 posts
Save Topic
Restaurants with playgrounds but NOT fast food :)

We are looking for a good place to eat in Phoenix that has a playground for the kids. Not interested in fast food or places like Mr Gattis Incredible Pizza etc.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,279 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants with playgrounds but NOT fast food :)

I can't think of any restaurants besides fast food places and mediocre pizza joints that have playgrounds for kids. There are plenty of parks and playgrounds where you could bring a picnic, but I honestly can't think of a single good/nice restaurant that has an actual playground.

There is a Dave and Buster's indoor arcade that has decent food; I think the only one in Arizona is at Desert Ridge mall. They have games for all age ranges, plus a pool hall and bowling; no playground, though.

The only other option that I can think of (when the weather is nice) is the patio at El Encanto in Cave Creek. They have an outdoor pond in their courtyard seating area, with a bunch of ducks that the kids can feed (there are vending machines with duck food). It can be fun for kids, and it's a nice little patio. (Although just to clarify, that does not mean that you can let your kids run around unsupervised. You do have to be with them at all times, even while feeding the ducks.)

You might also check out McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park. Kids love it.

http://www.therailroadpark.com/

San Antonio, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants with playgrounds but NOT fast food :)

Thanks for the suggestions! I guess we are just really spoiled. There are tons of places that are not chains or fast food that have playscapes here in San Antonio.

We are just passing through on our way to CA and have family and friends in the area that we are meeting up with for lunch. With the pickyness of the group and our limited time frame a park/picnic is out

And of course we plan to supervise our children, regardless of where we end up. :)

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,287 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants with playgrounds but NOT fast food :)

I've never heard of anything like this, either.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,412 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants with playgrounds but NOT fast food :)

The Food Court at Paradise Valley Malls in NE Phx/Scottsdale area has a wonderful merry go round...food is "chain" but there is a quiet patio outside and some decent quality offerings such as Paradise Bakery, Osaka Japanese, etc. Inside the mall is a playground for the kids as well...

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
20,714 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants with playgrounds but NOT fast food :)

Maybe IKEA? Kid friendly and yummy!

I googled, found this link. azcentral.com/families/azmomsfeatures/articl…

6. Re: Restaurants with playgrounds but NOT fast food :)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 09, 2014