We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative to Matt's Big Breakfast in north phoenix?

niagara
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Alternative to Matt's Big Breakfast in north phoenix?

We have only 1/2 day left here in Phoenix, and were thinking of calling in an order 1st thing in the morning, and going down to MBB and picking up breakfast for 3 adults and 2 little ones. After re-reading the reviews, we are thinking it may not be worth the 20 minute drive; and we're also not totally sure they'll accept a call-in/take out order.

We are near tapatio cliffs. The thick bread toasts and fresh ingredients look to be the real pluses of MBB. What would be second-best, and a closer drive in our area for breakfast?

Thanks!!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
58,798 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternative to Matt's Big Breakfast in north phoenix?

Forget about take out at MBB. You have to be there.

Take a look at the Triple D website. They feature quite a few breakfast joints around the Valley, but I'm not on top of all the locations.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
1,979 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternative to Matt's Big Breakfast in north phoenix?

Chompies by PV mall. http://chompies.com/

Chandler, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
841 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alternative to Matt's Big Breakfast in north phoenix?

I've never even heard of Matt's Big Breakfast.

If there is a Good Egg location near where you'll be, I'd highly recommend it:

www.thegoodeggaz.com/locations/phoenix/

They usually have a daily special that is good...plus a very big menu.

niagara
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alternative to Matt's Big Breakfast in north phoenix?

Thanks, all! We went to Chompies this morning. It was OK - maybe we didn't get the right stuff or it just wasn't to our taste. We got pastrami, tried the corned beef, and got several breakfast combos including bagels. The latkes or potato pancake was my favorite. The service was excellent, really well-intentioned. So the people were great, the food was OK.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
9 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alternative to Matt's Big Breakfast in north phoenix?

I've only lived in Phoenix for 8 months but I've definitely heard of Matt's Big Breakfast before. I personally think its over rated and not worth the wait. If you are ever in the area again, a few places to check out are Vovomeena for a unique take on normal breakfast items, The Breakfast Club at City Center downtown or La Grande Orange if you are in the Arcadia area. All really good.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
901 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alternative to Matt's Big Breakfast in north phoenix?

I'm still trying to figure out how a "Destination Expert for Phoenix" could possibly have never heard of Matt's Big Breakfast. If nothing else, it's been on national TV. There are over 700 reviews on Yelp and 180 here.

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alternative to Matt's Big Breakfast in north phoenix?

Its not worth driving across the valley for. I like Black Bear Diners and the Farm House, seems like they are in Gilbert Chandler, not worth the drive.

San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alternative to Matt's Big Breakfast in north phoenix?

ratinthekitchen -- LOL....me too! I'm in San Diego, but after about an hour of research in planning my upcoming trip to Phoenix, I heard of Matt's!

9. Re: Alternative to Matt's Big Breakfast in north phoenix?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, March 05, 2014