We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car Phoenix Airport

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Rental Car Phoenix Airport

Hi flying into Phienix-going to rent a car and drop in LA

Can anyone recommend a rental company that they have had great service with?

Thanks!

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,216 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car Phoenix Airport

All the major agencies will give you good service. Expect a drop off charge for not returning to Phoenix. Stay away from Fox.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car Phoenix Airport

Thanks!

Iowa
Level Contributor
10,247 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Car Phoenix Airport

All companies are not equal. Not all will charge a drop fee. Try Alamo.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
61,402 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Car Phoenix Airport

Drop fees will apply more based on the time of year and current inventory, than by the company you choose. It's a simple business strategy.

There is no set policy that applies to all rentals for all dates. You'll need to shop and compare the offers for your own travel dates and times.

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
39 posts
259 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental Car Phoenix Airport

I agree, you should just shop around and see who will be the cheapest. I've had good experience with Alamo, Enterprise, and National. National can be more expensive at times, but I do like being able to choose my own vehicle.

6. Re: Rental Car Phoenix Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:35 pm, April 04, 2013
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
9,998 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental Car Phoenix Airport

Consider renting Off-site. You could take a taxi to the car rental place........

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,746 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental Car Phoenix Airport

Matthew452 - you have 7 posts on this forum in one day, and every single one is to recommend some kind of taxi service that I've never even heard of. I think it's a safe bet that you're self-promoting. Please be aware that self-promotion is not allowed on TA.

Also, please don't dredge up old posts. Thanks.

9. Re: Rental Car Phoenix Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 06, 2014