We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel between Phoenix airport and tucson

Framingham
Level Contributor
58 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
hotel between Phoenix airport and tucson

WIll be arriving in phoenix mid afternoon. want to drive part way to Tucsan and stay over. Any suggestions on where to stop to find a decent motel?

2 hour ride only want to go no more than 45 minutes probably.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,271 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel between Phoenix airport and tucson

Casa Grande is really your only choice. You could stay in Marana, on the northwest side of Tucson, but it violates your 45 minute rule by quite a bit. You can check out the Casa Grande hotels on TripAdvisor: tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g31182-Casa_Grande_Ar…

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,265 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel between Phoenix airport and tucson

I don't understand your hesitation to simply drive all the way to Tucson.

2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel between Phoenix airport and tucson

Stay at americas best value inn downtown Phoenix it's very nice motel located near PHX airport and good value for your mony .

Uden, The...
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
60,942 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel between Phoenix airport and tucson

Apache Junction app is 45 minutes and has a Best Western.

Framingham
Level Contributor
58 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel between Phoenix airport and tucson

does it matter whether you understand why or why not we may want to drive all the way down in order to answer the question? personal reasons..

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel between Phoenix airport and tucson

There are a few choices along I-10 before you leave Phoenix. At I-10 and Elliott are two hotels - a Clarion and Grace Inn. The Clarion gets fairly decent reviews here on TripAdvisor; the Grace Inn, which is much older, gets mixed reviews.. A bit further south at Chandler Blvd., there is a La Quinta on 50th Street just to the west of I-10, which gets good reviews. All 3 mentioned are in the Phoenix TA listings. There are some other motels along Chandler and 50th St.

Those places might be a half hour drive or less from the car rental facility at the airport. The facility is not on the airport, and you have to take a shuttle to it. By the time you get your car and get on the road, it will probably be about an hour since your flight landed. Once you leave Phoenix, it is an hour drive to Casa Grande. There are some motels along I-10 there, but I have not paid much attention to them.

Chandler, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
841 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel between Phoenix airport and tucson

As the others have said, Casa Grande is really the only choice. There's a few properties there.

That said, I've had some guests stay at both the Hampton Inn and Homewood Suites near I-10 and Chandler Blvd. If you don't want to drive as far, these make good options. There's some restaurants nearby (walking distance) for dinner/breakfast options.

Not sure where the AJ reference came from. Yes you could drive through there to get to Tucson, via a very roundabout way. But the most direct way is the I-10.

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
10,640 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotel between Phoenix airport and tucson

Depending on where you are going in Tucson, 79 through Florence into Oracle Junction and then into Tucson isn't that far out of the way. From the Airport, maybe.

If it's a must to get a hotel, Casa Grande is going to be your only option between Phoenix and Tucson. There is always the option of not leaving the valley at all, finding a place in Phoenix, maybe south Chandler area, and doing the drive the next day.

9. Re: hotel between Phoenix airport and tucson

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, December 17, 2013