We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

luggagehold

boston
Level Contributor
258 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
luggagehold

i will be in phx on tue11/07/12 and is staying at the btw in tempe.this was the only hotel that was under $100 with code and giftcard im planning on using.now i dont think this hotel provides local transportation only airport and mall across the way.i really have gotten a good deal on a one-way with jetblue and my flight arrives in phx 10.51pm and ihave a eight hour day on weds before my 3.40pm flight to vegas.i never did this before but i was thinking go to the airport and take the shuttle to 44th and go into crownplaza and ask for a bag hold.can this be done im worryed there may be too much traffic on the lightrail to lug it around.has anyone done this before.thanks

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,732 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: luggagehold

Don't expect a hotel to hold bags for you if you aren't going to be staying there

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,709 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: luggagehold

I'm a bit confused regarding your plan. What's your "8 hour day"? Are you working, sightseeing, or...? If you're sightseeing, I'd simply rent a car, and keep your bags with you. But if you ARE sightseeing, you won't have a lot of time anyway. If your flight to Vegas is at 3:40 pm, that leaves you only half a day.

Regardless, I agree that most hotels won't hold your bags if you aren't staying with them. Another option is to pack very light for Phoenix, and send the bulk of your luggage ahead of you, directly to Vegas. (There are luggage transport services; might be cheaper than renting a car.)

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,606 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: luggagehold

Your post is hard to read and understand. It appears that you are staying overnight one night. No idea what a "btw" is .... Best Western? Hummingbird's advice is best. Rent a car. You only have the morning and a little of the afternoon (until 2 PM maybe) to do any sightseeing.

If you want to make better use of your time, book a hotel *with* airport shuttle that is located on the light rail line. That gives you some options.

boston
Level Contributor
258 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: luggagehold

ok sorry for the confusion. i will be in phx 11/06/2012 and landing at 11pm so theres no time for any sightseeing.weds i have until 3.40pm until my flight leaves for lasvegas. i dont see what will be the problem with a hotel holding my bag for a few hours,how do they know i arrived early and cant checkin.i was gonna give a tip.the plan was to go to the airport early morning and do the lightrail and back at the airport.bestwestern sorry for the mix up, the one in tempe.i had booked already and it was cheaper than the ones on the lightrail.do the hotels ask if you are a guest,i know when i checkin my hotel in vegas i say i want to check my bag and they just take it. this is my first time in a phx/tempe hotel,i cant do the mall that opens at 10am.hopefully the hotel is nice and i will spend the day there until my flight and hope to get a chance to see phx again.thanks

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
60,732 posts
244 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: luggagehold

Of course the hotels will ask if you are a guest! They will know by the reservation in the computer with your credit card confirmation. Absent that, they wouldn't and shouldn't do a thing for you without a full cash payment for a room.

The two basic issues are security and common sense.

boston
Level Contributor
258 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: luggagehold

thanks for the info,some hotels have bell hop stations and what i experiance they just take the bag and give you a ticket.i thought some one out there has had this experience.this will be a now you know lesson and when i get another chance to visit phx i will know what hotel to stay at.thanks

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,606 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: luggagehold

I am familiar with the hotels around the airport and light rail, and have stayed in most of them. They are not going to take your bags unless you're staying there. I have had hotels hold luggage for me, but only in situations before checkin or after checkout.

There are also usually baggage lockers at airports.

If you're staying at Best Western Inn of Tempe on N Scottsdale Rd, they have an airport shuttle. It is not very close to the light rail, and not in a walkable area.

Edited: 1:29 am, November 06, 2012
8. Re: luggagehold

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 30, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Phoenix