We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Day Trip to PHX - Car Rental Question

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Petersburg...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
10 Day Trip to PHX - Car Rental Question

I was searching for a DEAL and came up with Atlas Choice Car Rentals - they are telling me I can get a Standard Size Car (Hyundai Sonata) for $215 for the trip - WOW. Anyone one ever try this outfit? Is it a SCAM? They do require you to PREPAY - but I am not changing or canceling this trip. From their website http://www.atlaschoice.com/new/CarRental.aspx it appears they are BROKERS to the rental companies. Would appreciate any FEEDBACK before I try booking with them. Other companies are asking $400-$800 for the same time period. Thanks!!

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
14,646 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 Day Trip to PHX - Car Rental Question

Does the rate include all taxes and fees? When things are too good to be true, they often aren't. I don't know anything about the Atlas company. Sounds like Hotwire rates. I would check Hotwire; they are known to be legit.

Petersburg...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 Day Trip to PHX - Car Rental Question

Hotwire was more and yes the Atlas Choice rate said it included all taxes and fees. It does seem too good - but I LOVE to find a bargain. Hasn't anyone tried them before?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 Day Trip to PHX - Car Rental Question

Also am interested in Atlas Choice. I have been looking for a rental car for 1-29 through 2-12-2013 and found a very good rate with them. I am reluctant to book through them unless I know something about them.

Would appreciate any information.

Petersburg...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 10 Day Trip to PHX - Car Rental Question

I am one week back from my trip to PHX. The 10 day car rental worked out OK. The company that Atlas Choice chose was FOX - never used them before and they were good. Saved $200 and they even offered me an upgrade from a Hyundai Elantra to a Mustang CONVERTIBLE for $10 a day. I will be using Atlas Choice again - even though it did seem too good to be true it paid off.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
52,800 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 10 Day Trip to PHX - Car Rental Question

You were fortunate. Fox has been a nightmare for many in PHX

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 10 Day Trip to PHX - Car Rental Question

Thanks for the info, I think I will give it a try. The difference in the price is worth taking a chance.

Will let you know how it goes for us.

Petersburg...
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 10 Day Trip to PHX - Car Rental Question

If it turns out to be FOX go over your vehicle VERY carefully - including the windshield. They tried to charge me for a chip in the windshield....

8. Re: 10 Day Trip to PHX - Car Rental Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, December 14, 2013