We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scottsdale

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
131 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scottsdale

Have narrowed down my choice of hotels for our visit to Phoenix. I like Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Phoenix at North Tempe on N Scottsdale Road but I also like Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, 3000 N Scottsdale Rd. in Scottsdale. Either way we need to use the local bus services to get around but which area is better and perhaps closer to cafes etc. Both have good deals and provide shuttle to/from airport. Need some assistance in helping me decide. May favourite is the Chaparral Suites but just a bit expensive for our budget.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,541 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scottsdale

The Country Inn in Tempe is not in an area close to anything really except the freeway, so if you are down to just those two choices go with the Holiday Inn, which is closer to downtown Scottsdale and dining and entertainment. Here is the link with the trolley routes, as you can see it does not look like any go down to Thomas and Scottsdale Rd which is where the Holiday Inn is. There is a link to the bus routes as well. But keep in mind, most people rent cars to get around, our bus system is pretty lean, and mostly geared towards commuters getting to work. This is my second plug for Chaparral Suites tonight, it really is well located and offers so much. And if you feel like renting a car for just a day to explore more than Scottsdale, there is a rental counter in the lobby.

http://www.scottsdaleaz.gov/trolley

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scottsdale

Thank you for that very informed information - I actually had a good look at Scottsdale on the internet today and now realize that the area has alot to offer and I do keep coming back to Chaparral Suites as well. We are thinking that we may just get a car for a day or two.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
1,953 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scottsdale

I hope you end up deciding to rent a car. You'll get to see and do so much more during your stay.

Liverpool, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scottsdale

We have recently had 7 nights in this hotel during 17 days in Arizona and we can't recommend it highly enough. The hotel is immaculate. The rooms are huge with 2 TV's, a fridge, a microwave, 2 king size beds, excellent rooms. Coffee making facilities, excellent shower and great aircon! The pool is lovely and clean with adjoining hot tub, very nice. The staff are lovely, all very friendly and very helpful. The hotel also promotes 'happy hour' between 5 & 7 pm with free beer and wine. Very much appreciated after the heat f the day. the hotel has a small shop or basics like beer, wine, water, foods and toiletries / essentials. Washing facilities aldosterone available. We will defiantly be staying again, one day. :-)

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
131 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scottsdale

Its great to have such good feedback about this hotel. Certainly helps towards enjoyment of a holiday too. Glad you had a great time.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,918 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scottsdale

Yes, rent a car. You will be able to get around. Public transit is abysmal throughout the Phoenix area.

7. Re: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scottsdale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 14, 2013