We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Escape the Heat

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Escape the Heat

I will be traveling to Phoenix soon (probably...hopefully). Was wondering what is the best place to escape the heat. Is there a great swimming pool / waterpark / lake nearby?

Thanks!

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,789 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Escape the Heat

Almost any hotel has a swimming pool. There are lakes within the cities but not for swimming. There are lakes outside the cities with places for swimming. One of the most fun ways to get wet is to go tubing on the Salt River.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,709 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Escape the Heat

Elisa, i think we have perhaps the best air conditioners in the world here in the Phx area! As long as you do not spend too much time outside, especially in the sun, you will be fine. Yes, soak in the pools, which i would recommend more than a lake or river - at least at a pool you have significant shade provided and can duck indoors if needed. Drink water all day long, not just coffee, sodas or alcoholic beverages. Park in the shade or underground. Cars can be stupid hot if left out all day in the sun. We have some great shopping malls, movie theaters, museums and art galleries here as well...all indoors. The late afternoons are the hottest and just because the sun sets does not mean it gets cooler here either, but it feels so much better! Yes, it is hot, but as long as you are careful, you can have a great visit here in August.

3. Re: Escape the Heat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, August 12, 2013