We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phoenix/Scottsdale Golf

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, OR
Level Contributor
15 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Phoenix/Scottsdale Golf

My buddies & I...and a few wives are heading down to Phoenix for an extended weekend on 5/18 - 5/21. First time golfing in the area, and I was wondering if anyone out there have golf course recommendations. Coming from Oregon, we don't have many desert courses, so that would be a preference. Also, some of my buddies are penny-pinchers, so cost is an issue (so no Grayhwak, Talking Stick).

Thanks for aid!!

Rapid City, SD
Level Contributor
753 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phoenix/Scottsdale Golf

I have been traveling to PHX for about 8 years every March to play golf for a week. I would recommend Raven @ Verrado which is about 25 minutes west of PHX, but easy drive. Cost is $94 this time of year Monday-Thu and $109 on the weekend. While it is somewhat high the course is spectacular and included in your fee is two meals (Many lunch options - I had a double burger with bacon and fries) Supper was a prime rib buffet. Unlimited golf and non-alcoholic beverages and food on the course. In March, we played 45 holes for the price and received two meals. Great deal. The Duke @ Rancho El Derado is about 30 minutes SW and is a very nice course for $50 this time of year. I have a lot of information on other courses in a spreadsheet if you would like some other recommendations. I have played about 40-50 of the courses. The only one I would not play again is Kokopelli.