We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a good hotel in Tempe

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
detroit
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Looking for a good hotel in Tempe

me and my friends are thinking of taking a vacation to Tempe in August. i work for Best Western so we were thinking of staying at the Best Western of Tempe Inn but they do not have an outside pool. we would like to stay as close to mill street as possible. can anyone recommend a good hotel reasonably priced with an outside pool near mill street? thanks!

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a good hotel in Tempe

the Best Western Dobson Inn is a nice hotel dosen't take to long to get to Tempe via highway we always stay there. They have a nice outdoor pool and are close to many things. And you can get your discount.

Tempe, Az
Level Contributor
633 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a good hotel in Tempe

My suggestion would be for you to consider the Best Western Papago Inn located at 7017 East McDowell Road in Scottsdale. Just 2 miles North of Mill Ave. in Tempe. Just a 1/4 mile west of N. Scottsdale Road. They have a vey nice outdoor pool and a small attached restaurant. Moderately priced;

as I'd bet your Corporate rate would be easily under $70 a night! Well kept propeety and convenient to both anything in nearby Tempe or even Old Town Scottsdale. Highly recommend.

Chandler, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
836 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a good hotel in Tempe

If you really want to be close to Mill Ave (walking distance), there really are only 2 options:

1. Courtyard by Marriott: 5th St/Ash, about 1 block West of Mill

2. Mission Palms: 5th St, about 100 feet East of Mill (you can also enter parking lot at Mill/3rd St)

Both of these have outdoor pools, and you would be right there in the middle of all the action. They both have parking available (not sure if it is free tho).

There is another hotel (I think Royal Palms) on Apache, near where it turns into Mill, however that place is pretty old and run down. It is across the street from Gamage Auditorium, and probably 5-10 minute walk to the action on Mill.

Tempe, Az
Level Contributor
633 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a good hotel in Tempe

GeNice try GeCko, but those hotels are far from what I'd call 'reasonably priced And there's No BW discount either!The want to save $$$ in addition to being close to Mill Ave.. Sorry to disagree,however, Courtyard and Mission Palms will be over $100/night!