We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Art Museum and Heard Museum

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
74 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Art Museum and Heard Museum

Any recommendations for lunch and dinner in the Willo area, near the PHX Art Museum and the Heard Museum?

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,219 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Art Museum and Heard Museum

Both museums have cafes with nice settings for lunch. For dinner, I would head east toward the Biltmore area on Camelback. Take a drive through the residential area of the Willo area on either side of Central Ave. Lots of interesting houses.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Art Museum and Heard Museum

There is a greasy spoon just south of the Art Museum that is always good I don't know the name but it's great for lunch.

Don't know what you are looking for for dinner (how much, kind of food) but my favorite is always Durant's which is just up the street. You will get one of the best open flame, mesquite broiled steaks in town. Also chops, chicken, Maryland blue crabs in season, etc., etc. Love that place.

Tempe, AZ
Level Contributor
10,657 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Art Museum and Heard Museum

I like Durant's for lunch. Use the back door that cuts through the kitchen.

Sun City West...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near Art Museum and Heard Museum

there is always macayo's ;-)

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,920 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near Art Museum and Heard Museum

The martinis at Durant's are lethal.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
74 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near Art Museum and Heard Museum

thanks for the tips!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
901 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near Art Museum and Heard Museum

I would vote for Durant's for lunch, cocktails or dinner as well.

As you head south from the Art Museum there is the Thai Hut a block or two east on McDowell. The Blue Fin, Japanese restaurant/art school kid hangout, is on Central between the Art Museum and the Central Library. On the west side of Central south of McDowell is the Old Spaghetti Factory, which is OK for lunch, wouldn't go there for dinner. South of there on Central is Cheuvront Restaurant and Wine Bar which is a great place for dinner.

8. Re: Restaurants near Art Museum and Heard Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:41 pm, June 17, 2013