We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place to Photograph Sunsets and Sunrises

Phoenix, Arizona
1 post
Save Topic
Best Place to Photograph Sunsets and Sunrises

I'm looking for the best place to photograph sunrises and sunsets in the Phoenix area. I'm willing to travel an hour to get there.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Scottsdale
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place to Photograph Sunsets and Sunrises

I've gotten some great shots standing in the street in front of my house in Scottsdale. A friend who lives over in Fountain Hills has gotten some great shots at his home.

Get a few palms trees to the east for sunrise and west for sunset. A range of mountains in the background is nice. You might try the desert in north Scottsdale just before Cave Creek and Carefree if you would like the silhouette of a saguaro.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
2,003 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place to Photograph Sunsets and Sunrises

http://tinyurl.com/7wjgpbz

Harleysville...
Destination Expert
for Fountain Hills
Level Contributor
5,140 posts
422 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Place to Photograph Sunsets and Sunrises

That,s one of the best things about Fountain Hill. Our sunrises and sunsets. I also agree with Carefree or Cave Creek or Pinacle Peak area.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Place to Photograph Sunsets and Sunrises

The Desert Botanical garden is gorgeous for photography. Also the Paradise Valley area and Camelback Mountain. You might also try Camelback Inn - if you head towards the northern section of their property, past the spa, there is an "old west" type movie set that can make for nice photos, with the sunrise/set in the background.

Arizona
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
4,662 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Place to Photograph Sunsets and Sunrises

Hummingbird, i have never made it "past" the spa at the Camelback Inn...have to stop and then i don't want to leave :o)

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix
Level Contributor
6,668 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Place to Photograph Sunsets and Sunrises

;)> I know, lol!!

Paradise Valley...
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
573 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Place to Photograph Sunsets and Sunrises

The Wrigley Mansion is the BEST place for a sunset. Just photographed an incredible sunset this past weekend while sipping a margarita in a 5 star setting during a very affordable happy hour.

W H
Phoenix, Arizona
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Place to Photograph Sunsets and Sunrises

A good place for both rise and set is on Sharon Drive on the top of the mountain just West 1/2 mile from the access via Cave Creek road. Sharon is about 1/2 mile north of Thunderbird/Cactus Road. This is in Phoenix.

There is a little turning circle at top of the hill that overlooks the Pointe Tapiteo(spelling?) golf course.

9. Re: Best Place to Photograph Sunsets and Sunrises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, December 17, 2013