We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glendale Area

San Diego
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Glendale Area

Spending a week there later this month.

Is Glendale a safe area?

Any special attractions or resturants?

Can someone recommend a decent hotel?

Thanks

Rowe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
577 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glendale Area

Hello - I live in the Glendale area. Yes, it's safe, but fairly large. Can you be more specific about what you will be doing? Why are you staying in GLENDALE? Are you visiting someone and want to stay nearby, or on a business trip and need to be near a specific location?

There is a cluster of fairly new hotels near the Peoria Sports Complex that would probably be the best choice for location and amenities like lots of nearby restaurants, a large mall, and theatres.

If you can give more information on what part of Glendale, it would be helpful. You will definitely need a rental car to get around, but I would suggest renting the car NOT at the airport, due to exhorbitant taxes and fees there.

San Diego
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glendale Area

Ttravelling with a group of teenagers (and a few other parents)to some hockey games at the Glendale Arena..

Please advise

Rowe, New Mexico
Level Contributor
577 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glendale Area

If you look at a map of Phoenix, the Glendale Arena is on Glendale Ave. and the 101 Freeway. I would definitely suggest one of the hotels in the Bell Rd./101 Freeway area. Most of the major chains have properties there, and they are all fairly new: La Quinta, Quality Inn, Residence Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc. The teens will find a lot to do in that area. There are 2 theater multiplexes, Arrowhead Mall, dozens of restaurants at all pricepoints, even an ice skating rink that's a local favorite. The location of these hotels is actually Peoria, but it's the best and nearest to the Glendale Arena. Access to this area is easy, exit I-10 at the 101 Freeway and drive north about 12 miles to Bell Road.

San Diego
Level Contributor
29 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glendale Area

Thanks. Your response is appreciated...

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glendale Area

When you call the hotel for reservations if you have a group of at least 10 or more they will probably give you a discount if you talk to a manager or a group sales person. My sister works in this department in Denver and always tells us to do this for groups. Worse they can say is not. The area around Arrowhead is nice. We've stayed at a couple of the hotels there. And the 101 is quick and easy to drive, except in rush hour. There are tons of resteraunts and places to go shopping. And by the way its nice to see another Hockey fan. Say hi to Gretzki for me.