We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phoenix Sky Harbor Hotels

Ottawa, Ontario
7 posts
Save Topic
Phoenix Sky Harbor Hotels

Will be arriving Phoenix, SKy Harbor, Nov 24 (Thanksgiving) at about 11:30 pm. Staying over one night before starting out for Sedona for one week.

Any suggestions for hotel at airport. Clean, safe, with shuttle if possible. Under $100. Nearby in case we have to take a cab.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

Colchester UK
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Phoenix Sky Harbor Hotels

If it's just for one night there's a Days Inn and Super 8 on East Van Burren. If my memory serves me correct with a shuttle service. Close to the airport and car rental centres. Perfectly adequate for a one night stopover.

Moab, Utah
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,370 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phoenix Sky Harbor Hotels

Don't like to disagree with Fatbald, he is usually right on the money. But having stayed at the Super 8 on Van Buren in early October our advice would be, DON'T. The Days Inn next door (same owners) would have been more secure but we didn't feel safe here at all. And the breakfast was very ordinary.

We have stayed in some worse locations but this was the lowlight of our last 4 week trip to the south west USA. If we had $100 to spend we would stay at the Holiday Inn Express (check shuttle availability).

Colchester UK
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Phoenix Sky Harbor Hotels

Noel-Donna

You big girls blouses!* It's true East Van Burren has a reputation, but to be honest I never felt unsafe there. I suppose you pays your money and takes your choice.

*Only joking guys, how is Oz?

Tony

Moab, Utah
Destination Expert
for Moab
Level Contributor
3,370 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phoenix Sky Harbor Hotels

Oz is good! Warming up for summer now. Planning is well under way for next years visit to the SW USA.

We weren't aware of the East Van Buren reputation before but can see why it has one. Like you said you get what you pay for. We only stayed in one other Super 8 that being at Grants as recommended by you. Much better than East Van Buren. Otherwise our accommodations were a bit more upmarket than Super 8's.

Coming soon. Trip reports and hotel reviews with 'real' photos!

Colchester UK
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Phoenix Sky Harbor Hotels

I look forward to seeing your trip reports. I fear they will have me planning another visit of my own, which can't be bad.

UK
Level Contributor
655 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Phoenix Sky Harbor Hotels

We have stayed at Springhill suites by Marriott at Tempe for the beginning of our trip a couple of times now, we paid $80 for a suite 2 weeks ago, 10 minutes from the airport, clean, safe and breakfast included