We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Victorian setting?

Tempe, AZ
1 post
Save Topic
Victorian setting?

My fiance is flying in and we want something special. There is a coffeehouse and a few restaurants in Minnesota that are housed in old Victorian houses. I'm just wondering if there are any such places in Phoenix (besides the Teeter House, I've been there already, it's great). I'm pretty sure they're isnt' but just in case I thought I'd ask. Thanks for any suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Minnesota
Minnesota
United States
Teeter House
Teeter House
3 Reviews
Phoenix, AZ
Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Victorian setting?

I'm not sure if this is quite victorian but sounds like something that would be close - house of tricks in tempe. it's an old house, great great wine selection, lots of trees around, so lots of shade, nice little outdoor patio, great food, great service, romantic.

Gilbert
Level Contributor
952 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Victorian setting?

That's exactly what I was thinking, too. House of Tricks. Not sure if I'd classify it as Victorian, but it's as close as I can think of in the Phoenix area. Victorian is just not an architecture style that you see much of down here. The House of Tricks is recognized locally for it's great food & pretty atmosphere. It's in a good location, too. After lunch you can stroll up to Mill Avenue in downtown Tempe and enjoy the shops, bars, etc. there.

Mentioned in this post
Tempe
Tempe
Central Arizona, AZ