We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best route?

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
best route?

Hi,could tell me the best route phoenix az to las vegas.

many thanks gerry.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,937 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best route?

If you get on a map service like Yahoo maps or Google maps, it will show you. It's basically Hwy 60 nw to Wickenberg and Hwy 93 nw to Kingman and Las Vegas. It's about a 5 hour drive, though my son reports he can do it in 4.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
1,941 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best route?

That's the only way I know as well.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
57,057 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best route?

That's the most direct route and makes the most sense. The interstate route would be I-17 to I-40 to 93 at Kingman. This would add several hours to the drive but ideally would also add several days with stops at Sedona, Flagstaff and the Grand Canyon.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
21 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best route?

I guess it will be hyw 60 and 90 then.

many thanks.

Marina, California
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
6,002 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best route?

> I guess it will be hyw 60 and 90 then.

Whoa, don't look for those. US 60/93 is called "US 60" in the Phoenix area (the exit on I-17 northbound says "US 60/Thomas Rd") or sometimes Grand Avenue, but US 60 branches off at Wickenburg, and you need to stay on US 93. US 93 will then join I-40 for a few miles, but you'll see the exit for it (for "Las Vegas") in Kingman.

Definitely don't look for 90 though, because that's not in our state (starts in Texas).

Mapping programs sometimes give the I-17/I-40 route as an alternative. As RedRox mentions, if you have the time, it's a nice route because it takes you close to Sedona and the Grand Canyon. If you don't have time though, it's not a good route because of the elevation changes.

6. Re: best route?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:40 am, December 06, 2009