We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fox Car Rental at Sky Harbor

Pulaski, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Fox Car Rental at Sky Harbor

Hi,

We will be renting a car at Sky Harbor for our trip this summer to Arizona. I see that Fox Car Rental seems to be the most inexpensive. I have never rented from them before and I was looking to find out if they are decent and what sort of cars they have available. Also, any issues that anyone has had with them would be helpful as well.

Thanks

near Saratoga, NY
Level Contributor
341 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fox Car Rental at Sky Harbor

I'd like to know about this company too as I just compared prices and they were over $125. less than another company I looked at for our 11 day rental.

Any info would be appreciated! thanks

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
1,987 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fox Car Rental at Sky Harbor

Looking through their website, I couldn't find anything suspecious or unusual, just your everyday "Our rates our lower due to the high use of technology, motivated employees, rewarding work environment, blah blah blah..."

Please give us a feedback or any other information that everyone can benefit from. Thank you.

Pulaski, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
9 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fox Car Rental at Sky Harbor

I did go to Epinions to see what those folks had to say about Fox in general. It wasn't good. Several of the posters got cars with a strong smell of cigarette smoke as well as other unpleasant smells. The customer service staff was rude and had a bad attitude all around.

They were rated 1 1/2 stars I think. I also read the reviews for Payless, who is also cheaper and Epinion reviewers didn't like them any better. I've decided that I'm going to stay with the original reservation we made through Thrifty. We rented from them before and had no problems.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
59,176 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fox Car Rental at Sky Harbor

As a rule car rental companies that offer lower rates will have older cars in their inventory. The higher priced providers usually only keep cars in their fleets for about 10,000 miles. Then they sell them off in the used car market where they can still get a maximum return. That trend is changing in some markets due to the current economy and situations in the auto industry itself.

So if you are booking a vehicle at a lower rate, you should not be surprised if it is older, has higher mileage or is in less than new and clean condition. You might get lucky, but you might not. But the only thing any car company is obligated to provide is a vehicle at the rate they promised when you booked the reservation. If you do pay higher rates with the top tier companies, then you have a right to expect a new and clean vehicle.

near Saratoga, NY
Level Contributor
341 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fox Car Rental at Sky Harbor

Good point, RedRox. Thanks!

NJ
Level Contributor
68 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fox Car Rental at Sky Harbor

I was looking at their site too and was surprised at their rates. I just checked the BBB and their rating is a F. There's no way I will rent from them.

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fox Car Rental at Sky Harbor

if you are renting for 11 days, rent off airport site. One thread mentioned Enterprise, I use Hertz Local Edition on North Scottsdale Road. A $15-$18 taxi ride will save you over $100.

near Saratoga, NY
Level Contributor
341 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fox Car Rental at Sky Harbor

That's an idea I may look into. Right now the best deal I can get is through Budget for $577. Of course it's still early though (our trip isn't until Sept.).

Rockville
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Fox Car Rental at Sky Harbor

I would not rent another car from them if they gave it to me for free. The car we got was fine, the customer service was awful. I rented from them for the price and I am really not picky about cars. But we had to wait over an hour just to check in and another half hour for them to bring us our car. As we were on vacation this was extremely aggravating as we had plans that afternoon and those plans were basically killed. The staff was rude - the system they had was antiquated and unorganized. They were short-staffed, yet the manager sat in his office the whole time eating lunch and staring at the wall even though there was a terminal available for him to help check customers in.

10. Re: Fox Car Rental at Sky Harbor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, October 22, 2009