We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canyon Villas

Delaware
2 posts
Save Topic
Canyon Villas

My sis and are coming down in early May and we've had reservations at the Canyon Villas since October. Now I just read that they're under construction.

Can someone respond and let me know how bad it is and if I should consider changing to a diff hotel?

We planned to drive up to Sedona and the GC two of the days we're there, so we wont' necessarily be sitting around in our rooms, but still.....

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canyon Villas

I too am visiting in April and just called the villas to inquire about the construction. The construction they mention is NEW CONSTRUCTION. The villas are 4 or less years old and they are now building out the final phase. The woman seemed very warm and sincere and not at all like a salesperson trying to keep a sale. In fact - she ended up spending 2 hours on the phone with me and was my personal local travel agent - recommended and booked our restaurants, our golf, and our tour and dinner reservation in Sedona. Her name is Abigail - and she is terrific.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
535 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canyon Villas

We are owners at Canyon Villas through Marriott's Vacation Club and have visited the property in the past two years.

Most of the resort is fully constructed with beautiful pools and grounds. The property has several 3 story buildings that are completely finished. The new construction would be a new building being built on the south side of the property. This does not interfere with anyone staying in the other buildings.

The property is beautiful. It is also located next to the JW Marriott Desert Ridge resort. You can walk or take the shuttle to enjoy one of the restaurants or the pool over there too.

Delaware
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Canyon Villas

I'm getting mixed messages from people who live there and these two posts. So I went ahead and switched my reservation just to be safe.

Thanks for your feedback though. Glad to hear your stays were pleasant. That wasn't the case for some other people I know!

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
66,170 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canyon Villas

With todays' economic and real estate environment, I see new construction as an excellent sign. First of all, it means that the Canyon Villas is still selling and that folks who are vacationing there are continuing to make investments and the developer has faith that the trend will continue.

As an owner at Sedona Summit, where construction has been an ongoing thing for several years now, the new construction has been no more than a minor distraction for the residents and guests. And the continuing sales are the best indicator.

For those who are contemplating a stay at Canyon Villas, I would not let the news of a construction project, be a cause for worry.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
535 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canyon Villas

Just came back from Marriott's Canyon Villas, where we spent 8 days in one of the buildings next to the main pool. The interior rooms are very spacious and all have balconies with great views of the pool and/or golf courses. There is one new building under construction, but it is way off on the south side at the end of the property and in no way interfered with our stay.

The resort was very accommodating to us in our room request to be located in one of the villas by the main pool, building 2700 or 2800. I believe building 2900 is the one closest to the building under construction. You can always call the resort or send them an email to request a building farther away from the construction, such as building 3200 or 3300 which is on the north end of the property, closest to Tatum Road.

I would highly recommend this property. It has so much to offer, plus the benefits of being next door to the JW Marriott Desert Ridge. You can take the shuttle to the resort and enjoy the larger pool and lazy river during the day or take in one of the great restaurants at night. There is also the Desert Ridge Marketplace across the street, which has tons of shopping.

I am sorry to hear you changed your reservation. Having just been there, I hope my post helps others to avoid making the same mistake.

6. Re: Canyon Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, September 23, 2009