We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Moving to phoenix

Which Phoenix hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
florida
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
Moving to phoenix

My husband will be taking a job a little west of where the 17 and 101 intersect. We have three children and need to consider elementary, middle, and high school districts. Scottsdale and Paradise Valley seem to have the best test scores, but it is so expensive. Does anyone have other suggestions for a great family neighborhood with excellent schools. I really can't compromise on the schools. Chandler and Gilbert are out because of the commute time which we want to keep at 30 minutes or less. Help!

chicago
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Moving to phoenix

Hello,

May I ask what a house costs in Scottsdale with good schools?

I live in Chicago and in a good school district will cost from 450,000 and up. For a 3 or 4 bedroom house. Maybe some fixing up needed.

This is always a curiosity of mine. Not asking what a specific house costs but a range.

Thanks!

Gilbert
Level Contributor
952 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Moving to phoenix

My husband is a Realtor and sells several houses in Scottsdale - I think you could get a 3 BR home in that range. It might be on the small side (under 1800 sq. ft), but they are out there.