We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Higher End Hotel Help

new york, ny
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Higher End Hotel Help

We are thinking of going to Phoenix/Scottsdale for Labor Day weekend. We're considering a suite at the Four Seasons, a Casita Suite at the Fairmont and the Boulders. By day, we're hoping to lay around a nice pool and spa options. By night, we may wish to leave the premises for other dining options.

Anyone have thoughts as to which might be a better choice? Thanks!

Paradise Valley...
Destination Expert
for Scottsdale
Level Contributor
565 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Higher End Hotel Help

Depending on what type of atmosphere you are looking for I would pick the Fairmont. The four Seasons is nice but extremely far from anything else and very quiet. It is in a secluded part of town but real great for a quiet geta away. The Boulders besides having a Golden Door Spa is boring, outdtaed rooms and not as great in my opinion as the other 2 you have picked. Have you looked at The Phoenician or The Royal Palms.......Just some othere to consider. Enjoy your weekend.

Torrance, California
Level Contributor
61 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Higher End Hotel Help

Both the Four Seasons and the Fairmont Princess are good choices. I personally prefer the Fairmont. We stay at the Fairmont on a regular basis and enjoy the relaxing stay -- especially in the Casitas. The Casitas are nice and quiet for the most part. There is a nice average size pool there that is generally uncrowded compared to the main pools in the resort. Also, the Spa at Fairmont is one of the best around.

new york, ny
Level Contributor
6 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Higher End Hotel Help

Thank you both. We were leaning toward the Fairmont anyway. Thanks again!