We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation close to Chase Field?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation close to Chase Field?

Hi All!

I'm coming to Phoenix on the 10th of June to watch the Red Sox game at Chase Field (as part of a 2 week Vegas/ Grand Canyon tour). Can anyone reccommend a hotel nearby?

I've looked at the Best Western Central Phoenix Inn as it looks very close or the Pointe Hilton Tapatio Cliffs Resort which looks lovely, but will travel/ parking be a problem? We will have a rental car

Any ideas/ opinions apprecaited!

Palm Desert, CA
Level Contributor
32 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation close to Chase Field?

My husband and I are staying at the Hyatt Regency 3 blocks from the ballpark. We are also going to see the Sox on June 9th. The hotel charges for parking, but we feel it's easier to walk and not deal with street/ballpark parking. Phoenix will be hot in June, so bring a hat, sunscreen and lots of water. My grandparents were from Glasgow!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation close to Chase Field?

thanks for the info! I'll have a look into that hotel too.

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,761 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation close to Chase Field?

Without being too negative, there are better places than Central Phoenix Inn; see reviews. If it's just one night, the Wingate on Central is adequate and comfortable, and likely way less than the Hyatt, and other. For a walkable palce, Springhill Suites on Van Buren is supposed to be an OK place to stay, but not any of the other hotels close to Chase Field except the Hyatt.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
254 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation close to Chase Field?

The Pointe Tapatio is only about a 20 minute drive from Chase Field, straight down 7th Street. Since you will have a car anyway, that's not so bad, if that hotel looks good to you. There's plenty of parking near the stadium, so that's not really a big deal, though you should expect to pay about $10. Expect some traffic after the game though. I can't really recommend the Best Western either. If you want to stay downtown and don't want the Hyatt, or the other more budget-oriented places mentioned, the Wyndham is close by and has undergone some serious remodelling recently. I haven't seen the rooms, but the public spaces are very nice. If you enjoy older/historic properties, take a look at the Hotel San Carlos. It's also walking distance to Chase Field (though a few blocks more than the Hyatt certainly) and it's different than your run-of-the-mill big city hotel.

USA
Level Contributor
88 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation close to Chase Field?

My sister stays at the Pointe Tapatio when she comes to visit, and she raves about it -- particularly the pool. It's located next to the Phoenix Mountain Preserve -- if you enjoy an easy hike, this is the place.

The drive down 7th street to the ballpark can be a bit conjested, but since you're there on a Sunday, it shouldn't be too bad.

I've heard good things about the Hotel San Carlos, which is just a bit north of the Hyatt downtown. It's supposed to be haunted, if you're into that kind of thing. There's a nice Irish restaurant/bar on the bottom floor or next door -- I've had a good lunch there before.

My first choice, though, would be the Hyatt. The rates in summer aren't bad. The Compass restaurant at the top is a treat -- we eat there whenever we go to a show downtown. It's a bit pricey, but the southwestern-style food is great and the view is spectacular -- it's a revolving restaurant that makes a 360 turn during an hour.

6. Re: Accommodation close to Chase Field?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, September 01, 2009