We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

florida
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay?

Any recommendations on a hotel with airport transportation, three or four star that is in a safe area? Female, traveling alone. Thanks for your help!

Tempe Arizona
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

The downtown Tempe or Scottsdale area have nice hotels and are safe. Tempe is the home of Arizona State University, so the Mill Avenue area caters to college students (bars, restaurants, funky shops)... but it's safe. The Courtyard on Ash is a nice place to stay and is within walking distance of Mill Avenue. I'm really not into Scottsdale (high-end shopping and somewhat snooty), but the downtown area is safe. I'd stay away from most hotels around the airport especially Van Buren. There's a couple of nice hotels in the 44th Street area, but there's not much to see, and I wouldn't walk around at night in these areas. Downtown Phoenix is okay, if there's a baseball or basketball game going on, otherwise, it's kind of dead, and some area aren't that safe. Hope this helps

Portage, In
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

My family is going in the summer and we've booked chaparral suites. They have free airport transportation and a car rental desk on site. Its in old town scottsdale area. I have quite a bit of family out there and they all said its a nice area. The hotel said they were within walking distance to several restaurants and shopping. Hope this helps

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

I also have stayed at the chaparrell Suites and it was nice to be able to walk around the area and not feel as if you shouldnt be there. There is the days inn next too the shopping mall but haveing not stayed there not 100% sure what its like apart from being a wee bit cheaper. There are quite a few places to choose from to eat down by the mall and you can always get a cab from there easy. Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we do when we vist.