We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Savaii Lagoon Resort and Litia Sini too much of the same????

Singleton, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Savaii Lagoon Resort and Litia Sini too much of the same????

I am after some reasurrance that I have made the right decision about some changes I have made to our Samoa trip for next month. We originally had a week booked at Savaii Lagoon Resort and then a week booked at Aggie Greys Lagoon Resort but after reading alot of negative reviews about Aggie Greys I have become a little turned off. I have since arranged to cancel our accomodation booking for Aggie Greys and changed it to a week at Litia Sini with our final night at Aggie Greys due to its close proximity to the airport. I am now a little concerned that after a week at Savaii Lagoon resort another week at Litia Sini might be too much of the same thing and we might get bored. We are travelling with 2 small children and the only sights down there seem to be the Ocean trench which isn't suitable for our young kids anyway. Is there plenty for us to do down at Lalomanu beach with 2 small kids keeping in mind that we would have already done the whole laying on the beach thing the week before at Savaii Lagoon Resort???? or do you think I should go back to my original plan and have a week at Aggie Greys and use it as a base for tours (as Aggie Greys seems more central for that kind of thing, please correct me if I am wrong here though).

Also can you hire a car down at Lalomanu because we will be getting a transfer to the resort and if not are there tours that might be suitable for us to have a day out etc.

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

3 replies to this topic
Samoa
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Savaii Lagoon Resort and Litia Sini too much of the same????

Aggies & Litia's are quite different. Aggies might have the advantage when travelling with kids as they have the dolphin club or whatever its called that will have activities for the kids - but can't really say how great that is. They also have a pool and are much larger than Litia's, so more of a chance that your kids will find other kids to play with. Probably the biggest let down at Aggies is the food - one gets much better food in Apia (Paddles, Amanaki, Kokobanana, Roko's etc.), much cheaper too, and most guests find that even with the $100tala return taxi fare, they're still better off eating in town.

Litia's is great though and is on the best beach in Upolu. They share the beach with Taufua and some smaller beach fale resorts so there is a bit of a tourist concentration here which helps to keep the area a bit more lively.

Rental cars can be delivered to Lalomanu for a fee, tours can be arranged from pretty much anywhere.

As for the boredom factor, i've taken around a few people with children over the years (part-time guide) and i guess the only reason the children never got bored is that they always found other kids - local or tourists - to play with at the different accommodations. From Litia, if you have a rental, you can go for a day trip to the Piula Cave pools (water is cold though), pass the Sopoaga & Fuipisia Falls. Sopoaga is close to the road and easily accessible. Fuipisia - you'll need to walk for about 5 minutes from the car park - but you get to stand directly next to the top of the waterfall instead of looking at it from across a gorge (as is the case with others) note there are no barriers at all here.

The Togitogiga Falls might also be nice, a small waterfall which you can swim at, about an hour from Litia by car.

There's also a lot of turtles around Namua island - 10 minutes from Litia's. There's a basic beach fale resort on the island but you might be able to organize lunch there and the kids can try and spot turtles on the boat ride over. Although you might have already seen turtles up close in Savaii.

Hope all that helps, even if just a little

Singleton, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Savaii Lagoon Resort and Litia Sini too much of the same????

Thankyou so much for your very helpful information Mark. I feel alot better about my decision to cancel our Aggie Grey's leg of the trip and replace it with Litia Sini's on Lalomanu beach. Thanks for the suggestions on places to visit while we are down there, I was a little concerned when I did a search on tripadvisor last night for attractions at Lalomanu and the ONLY results that came up were the beach and the Ocean trench :/

Is it best to pre-arrange the car considering that we would have to get it delivered or book it when we get there???

Samoa
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Savaii Lagoon Resort and Litia Sini too much of the same????

It doesn't hurt to inquire about a car now but there are plenty of rental firms in Samoa so the likelihood that there would be no cars available is very low if you do book when here.

I'd recommend AArent-a-car or Samoana Rentals - have dealt with them in the past and their fleet of cars seem very well maintained. Other's would be Blue Pacific & Discovery.

Reply to: Savaii Lagoon Resort and Litia Sini too much of the same????
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted