We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is it necessary to book in advance for fales

Waipawa
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
is it necessary to book in advance for fales

we are coming as a group of 4in July. we have booked for the first week on Savaii, and plan to have a week in Upolu. can we just rock up and move if we want, or are bookings needed. We are looking for a good budget place for a week. any help appreciated

Mentioned in this post
Upolu
Upolu
Samoa
kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
846 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is it necessary to book in advance for fales

i think july is a peak season, so if you have your heart set on certain fales i would then book in advance for sure, if you dont mind where you stay and not fussed if its beachfrount or second row etc, then you proberly will be ok and find somewhere to stay.

there are alot of fales to choose from,

did you have any idea where you wanted to stay?

sue

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,220 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is it necessary to book in advance for fales

Malo lava David

As it's been the best high tourist season since the tsunami I'd definitely book in advance, ASAP.

On Upolu you could probably divide your time. Maybe 2 days in Apia where I'd highly recommend Taumesina Hideaway (hideaway.ws) which is in the village of Moata'a about 10 mins from the town centre. It's a wonderful little paradise away from the hustle and bustle of the capitol. There are beach/lagoon fales set a couple of metres from a great lagoon which leads into Apia Harbour. These are 50 tala per person a night and includes brekky or there are self-contained units for 140 tala a couple also with brekky.

After that you could head down the south coast to beautiful Lalomanu Beach and stay at Taufua Beach Fales or the little more upmarket Litia Sini, both are beachfront and the price includes breakfast and dinner.

You may want to swap Apia and Lalomanu around so that you are closer to the airport when you leave.

Hope this helps

Manuia le aso

Deb

Mentioned in this post
Apia
Apia
Upolu, Samoa
Lalomanu Beach
Lalomanu Beach
343 Reviews
Upolu, Samoa
Taufua Beach Fales
Taufua Beach Fales
480 Reviews
Upolu, Samoa
3. Re: is it necessary to book in advance for fales

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:18 am, April 22, 2014