We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shell I just wing it?

Which Apia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Shell I just wing it?

Hey thea,

I will be arriving in Samoa on the 4th April and have booked accomm for our first 5 nights in Apia. I have another 5 nights stay in Apia as we need to keep close to town for family reasons. I was wondering for those that have been to Samoa recently should I hold off booking somewhere or book somewhere now before I arrive. Im just wondering if there maybe some cheap specials in Apia as I have booked in advanced before and realised later that it may have been cheaper to have waited and gone into a hotel to 'barta' a price. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Ps It will be my husband, myself and our 8 month old son.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shell I just wing it?

Oh and just one other thing, we will be spending alot of time in my husbands village during the days so im looking at a place that has air con and hot showers and also a jug and fridge for baby bottles etc. thanks all.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shell I just wing it?

Malo Tyna

O a mai oe?

Where are you staying for the 1st 5 days & what on earth have you done with the other 5 or 6 kids??? haha

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to wing it depending on the budget you're looking at, eg: Manumea is already booked out. Have you thought of Millenia or Elisa up near the yacht club? I think you've stayed at Orator before but what about Amanaki or Samoan Outrigger on the way up to Vailima (I believe they have lovely family fales)

On the lower end there's Valentines with air con shacks but there's not enough room to swing a cat in them let alone you, Junior & bub!!!

Let me now how you go

Alofas to you all

Deb

New Zealand
Level Contributor
17 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shell I just wing it?

hahaha...thx debs...we will be staying at Le Manumea for the first 5 nights so that will be nice im sure....was just looking for somewea a lil cheaper that has a nice bed, air con and a good hot shower. Maybe we will look at the places you suggest. I just wanted to put it out thea to see if anyone is aware of places in Apia that maybe offering discounted accomm. so maybe we will wing it and wait till we get thea... We are great by the way...5 kids will be staying behind this time so I can get a few things done. but always nice to hear from you and hear what great advise you have regarding all things SAMOA..thx again my friend..xoxox

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shell I just wing it?

How fantastic to have hol without the brood. Lots of new places are popping up, check out jasons.com/samoa & you'll find heaps of new listings, check TA reviews as well.

Debxxx

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shell I just wing it?

Talofa if you are looking for somewhere cheap and friendly stay at Lynn's gateway really cheap massive house which has been turned into a hotel defs a home away from home I have stayed here for the last three years as my partner. Is Samoan we never are actually at the hotel so I don't like spending too much on a place that I am never at so if you are doing the same go to Lynn's gateway Samoa .it has a pool,air con and the owner has a bakery next door and butcher so u get the best breakfast always fresh and is cheap as rates are in Samoan tala so even better.

http://www.lynnsgetaway.com/

Regards

6. Re: Shell I just wing it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Apia