We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding in samoa

Townsville...
5 posts
Save Topic
wedding in samoa

hi all, im getting married in samoa july 2012 tossing up between sinalei and aggie grey. im am desprate for advice! i have a guest list of 150 and no sinalei doesnt have enough room for everyone but i love sinalei and want to stay there. help!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: wedding in samoa

add to that virgin cove, that you recommended. this looks good and might be the pick for upolu. reminds me a bit of a rustic resort i stayed in on fiji calleed octopus many years ago.

any further inputs/comments welcome particularly on whether timing and logistics of savaii means i should discount going to savaii this time.

andy

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,220 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: wedding in samoa

Malo lava Andy

You could stay at Airport Lodge the first morning, they will charge you for a night but you would be able to catch a few hours sleep before the 8am ferry, or the 10am if you prefer. Are you hiring a car? Sale from Va-i-Moana has a shuttle service from the ferry as does Le Lagoto and the fantastic Savaii Lagoon Resort next door. They are in the village of Fagamalo which is about 20-30 mins down the road to Manase Beach, so Le Lagoto is actually IN a village whereas Va-i-Moana is more remote but there are churches around. There are 360 villages in Samoa and over 1200 churches so you're never very far from one.

You are right, Savaii is more traditional and the culture is more inherent than on Upolu. Both Sinalei and Seabreeze are beautiful, Seabreeze is more a boutique resort rather than a really large concern. I agree with Tina that Rosie would be an invaluable resource, as would Wendy at Seabreeze. I don't have a contact at Le Lagoto but if you talk to Tony and Melissa at Savaii Lagoon they actually arrange weddings, they are the Managers but Tony is also a photographer and Melissa does hair and makeup, and it is a beautiful little resort with a great beach.

Glad to see you narrowing down your options, Have you looked into the legal stuff yet?

Manuia le po

Deb

Mentioned in this post
Savaii Lagoon Resort
Savaii Lagoon Resort
576 Reviews
Savai'i, Samoa
Samoa
Samoa
South Pacific
Upolu
Upolu
Samoa
Seabreeze Resort
Seabreeze Resort
434 Reviews
Upolu, Samoa
Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,220 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
53. Re: wedding in samoa

Virgin Cove can also arrange weddings, I personally don't like the resort itself but it is set in a beautiful environment. WIth fale resorts bear in mind there is no hot water and no air con. Check the latest reviews on Virgin Cove and see what people have been saying recently, might give you an idea how it's going, management there changes quite often as does the quality of the food and service.

Deb

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
19 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: wedding in samoa

back again.

i have now narrowed it all down to le lagoto, savaii lagoon or vaimoana.

please help !

vaimoana seems nice but very isolated (might be a problem because we are not the type to just sit at a resort and be pampered or read next to the beach or pool etc she will want to go and do things - as if the wedding wasnt enough.....)

if the choice is north coast then for the life of me i cannot decide between le lagoto and savaill lagoon. which is the better choice for a couple that might want to get out and about to have a look around, dive (perhaps), ie not just be at the resort ? it might end up just coming down to price. i have had all the websites up and looked at all the reviews etc and my mind is one big confused resort please help :)

any final thoughts most appreciated.

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: wedding in samoa

If you looking for bang for your buck on that coast, then look no further than Savai'i Lagoon Resort. It's right smack next door to Le Lagoto anyway, so you can eat there if you want.

Dive Savai'i is right across the road, and the turtle place (swimming with the turtles) is about 5 mins drive from there.

There is really not a huge lot to do, you will have to spend some of the time relaxing!!

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,220 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
56. Re: wedding in samoa

Malo lava Andy

I agree whole-heartedly with TIna. Savaii Lagoon Resort has huge rooms with traditional Samoan decor, large bathroom (the honeymoon suite has an outdoor bathroom) and views of the beautiful beach, great food and staff as well. You can resort hop to Le Lagoto for a change of menu and atmosphere, Le Lagoto is usually more crowded than Savaii Lagoon. If you want to experience the fales you can also pop down to Manase Beach and have a drink, swim or just chill and watch the world go by.

If you want to get out and about there's not much option than to hire a car at Salelologa where the ferry docks. Some of the resorts do run tours but with a car you can stop when and where you want for as long as you like - in most sight seeing spots you will be charged a fee, this is often the only source of income for the village and mainly goes towards the kids education.

Stick with Savaii Lagoon and you can't go wrong.

Manuia le aso

Deb

Mentioned in this post
Savaii Lagoon Resort
Savaii Lagoon Resort
576 Reviews
Savai'i, Samoa
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: wedding in samoa

Hi there

We are also looking at getting married in Samoa April 2013. We want a sandy beach ceremony with a reception afterwards. We plan on having about 30 guests. Our problem is that most of our friends have children under the age of 2 and most resorts state s min age of 3. We really want our guests stay with us. We are seriously considering aggies beach resort for that reason. That and they were pretty good and getting back to us and very professional with their information. Has anyone had a wedding at aggies and what was it like? The other option is coconuts but we still aren't sure about the age thing there.

Mentioned in this post
Samoa
Samoa
South Pacific
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: wedding in samoa

Hi there

We are also looking at getting married in Samoa April 2013. We want a sandy beach ceremony with a reception afterwards. We plan on having about 30 guests. Our problem is that most of our friends have children under the age of 2 and most resorts state s min age of 3. We really want our guests stay with us. We are seriously considering aggies beach resort for that reason. That and they were pretty good and getting back to us and very professional with their information. Has anyone had a wedding at aggies and what was it like? The other option is coconuts but we still aren't sure about the age thing there.

Mentioned in this post
Samoa
Samoa
South Pacific
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: wedding in samoa

Hi there

Mentioned in this post
Samoa
Samoa
South Pacific
Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,220 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
60. Re: wedding in samoa

Malo lava Mike

That's great to hear that Aggie's has pulled up their socks and practising a little customer service. It is a good place to get married and fun for the kids. I've seen a lot of weddings at Aggie's and in most cases the couple and their families have been very happy with it, that was a while ago though and I couldn't vouch for what you might get today.

Have you considered Savaii? There are no problems with kids at any of the resorts over there. I highly recommend Savaii Lagoon Resort and Le Lagoto in the village of Fagamalo. Both are situated next door to each other on a wonderful beach, fantastic for a wedding as the beach at Aggie's is man made and leaves a lot to be desired. Both places are also great for a honeymoon and good places to base yourselves for touring around the island. If you have long enough you could split your time between islands.

The food at both accommodations is wonderful, the staff great and the rooms/bungalows huge and you'll find the prices a fair bit cheaper than at Aggie's or anywhere else on Upolu.

Because they are next to each other it's a great way for all your guests to stay together before and after the wedding.

I'm pretty sure Coconut's still has a no kids under 10 policy and whilst I would say that Seabreeze Resort is a fantastic place to get married they won't accept infants.

I hope this helps Mike, please check out Savaii Lagoon and Le Lagoto and see what you think.

You've chosen a very romantic country to get married in.

Manuia le aso

Deb

Mentioned in this post
Savaii Lagoon Resort
Savaii Lagoon Resort
576 Reviews
Savai'i, Samoa
Seabreeze Resort
Seabreeze Resort
434 Reviews
Upolu, Samoa