We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Samoa - 2011

Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Topic
Wedding in Samoa - 2011

I am planning a beach wedding in Samoa and would like to hear from anyone who has either wed at Sinalei Resort or Aggie Greys Resort. Its been a little difficult trying to connect with the wedding coordinators over there as it takes them a week to reply to each email I send, if not more. They also take there time and do no pre-empt your needs eg.. I asked for 3 sample of their menus and Aggies sends one and then I think to myself how about the beverages obviously we need to drink too. So then I have to send out another email requesting this, as they do not have wedding packages you can alter to your needs that include beverages. I also requested photos of previous weddings and I have yet to receive these. So if anyone out there has had a wedding at either of the two resorts would very much like to hear from you with some good feedback. Ma-salaam Aaya

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Samoa - 2011

Malo lava Aaya

Both Sinalei and Aggies do excellent weddings - unfortunately you'll find that all communications are slow in Samoa.

Whilst I only know of Sinalei weddings by reputation I have been to quite a few at Aggies and they have been fantastic.

If you haven't been speaking to the appropriate people there can also be a problem. At Aggies you should be dealing directly with Ruta, the Guest Relations Manager and at Sinalei try Sose, the Manager - if you deal with them you should have fewer problems.

I think that you'll find with most weddings that beverages are a separate item to food, perhaps ask for a list of what is available for a wedding and go from there. As to the menu's - I'm sure if you speak to the right people you will get some satisfaction. Also advise them that you have not been happy with communications and would like some answers ASAP.

Let me know how you go.

Manuia le po (have a great evening)

Deb

Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Samoa - 2011

Thank you Debbie for your email. What was the food like at the weddings you attended at Aggies? Being from the ME we are quite big on fresh seafood than we are with meat dishes as we do not eat pork, the menu I got sent had a pig as part of the menu (which Im sure can be left out). Can you recommend any dishes you have tasted at the two Resorts? How about a photographer? Can you recommend a qualified and experienced wedding photographer. I believe this can be included in the wedding package but I think Id prefer to source one from elsewhere in the town, what do you think? Do you know of anyone who has had weddings at either of the resorts? Would love to see some pictures of the setups etc... We are having a small wedding of 70 people. We are also looking for a band or an excellent DJ do you know of a good one and a price?Sorry for all the questions I just dont have a clue as who to ask for all this info, and there is nowhere I can really find this and being half way around the world I may have to travel there to organise everything months beforehand which we dont want. The resorts are probably bogged down with alot of other enquiries as I have yet to receive a reply to an email sent to them a week ago. Hope you can help and maybe pinpoint me to the right people. Thanks again. Regards Aaya

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Samoa - 2011

Malo lava Aaya

I'm sure you will be able to have all the seafood you want, the food at Aggie's is excellent but I have only ever had dinner had Sinalei, never at a wedding but I'm sure that would be up to their excellent standard as well. Fresh seafood is abundant here so that shouldn't be a problem

Ruta at Aggie's lives in our village so I will have a chat to her on her day off about your requests and see if we can get the ball rolling for you. I'll also go and see some photographers in town and see if they can come up with some wedding photos for you. I'll send you their email contacts when I have them.

As for the band and DJ - what sort of music would you like? Let me know and I'll get some names and email addresses for you.

A lot of people have a problem with the slowness of Samoan communications, someone will get back to you if you persist, it's the very laid back Samoan way of life, nothing is ever done in a hurry and usually that's part of the charm of Samoa but I can understand that you are anxious to get things started so I'll do what I can and get back to you.

In the meantime, fai fai lemu (take it easy), relax and dream of how great your big day is going to be.

I'll get back to you in a couple of days.

Manuia le aso (have a great day)

Deb

Dubai, United Arab...
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in Samoa - 2011

Deb youre a star! The photographers and band details will be very helpful. Basically the wedding attendees are mainly in their late 30s and above, we love old school music, there will need to be a few funky island jams in the mix too, no slowjams just happy, funky, celebratory and dancing music to get peoples dancing shoes on.

Thanks so much for your help, really much appreciated!!

By the way - what the weather generally like in May?

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in Samoa - 2011

Your welcome Aaya, but the star isn't shining yet. I couldn't get hold of Ruta personally on the weekend so I've emailed her myself and I am also waiting on a response which I hope I will get in the next day or 2.

Aggie's would usually use their own island band but it's not exactly the music you want so I'll have some names and contacts for DJs, bands and also photographers tomorrow. We had a family members 80th birthday recently and the DJ that was there was great and played much the same music as what you want.

May is usually the start of dry season so temps are around 27-30 degrees C, 80-9% humidity and sunshine all day. Nights can get quite cool though. The seasons have been unpredictable over the last couple of years but fingers crossed you'll get a true dry season next May.

Are all you guests intending on staying at Aggie's too? How long are you all staying? Samoa is an amazing place for a honeymoon, it is a very romantic country.

I'll get back to you ASAP.

Manuia le aso

Deb

Brisbane
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding in Samoa - 2011

Malo lava Aaya

I have been reading your posts and thought I'd try and help out as I am too getting married in Samoa in a couple of months. I completely understand your frustration with communication but assure you, as Debdestiny has said once you find the right person to communicate with you will be fine.

The Photo Centre is who I'm going with for my wedding photography. They do a really good job I've seen some of their work. If you contact Tim or Efi on photocentre@samoa.ws they will be able to help you out and communication is great with them.

I have a DJ at my wedding by the name of DJ Trick (Patrick Levy). He is quite popular with weddings over there apparently and I've been told can really get a crowd pumping. I need to search through my emails again and find his details if you would like them.

I hope this helps!

Sara.

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding in Samoa - 2011

Thanks for the info Sara, it will really come in handy. Efi was one of the people I was going to go into town to see tomorrow, she really is one of the best in Samoa and I know she has done weddings at Aggie's before.

Aaya

I have heard back from Ruta and she wants you to contact her personally so that she can email you with wedding package options. I have sent you a private message with her details in. I'm hoping now that you have her personal attention things will start to move faster for you.

I have also found a DJ who is great as well, which is good because with Sara's choice you will now have a couple of options and I will try to get a few more names. Firstly though, he wants to know you favourite artist, music, bands etc so he can compile something. I'll get his contact details from him when I next see him.

Let me know how you go with Ruta and if things have sped up a bit.

Manuia le aso

Deb

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding in Samoa - 2011

Malo lava Aaya

I met Ruta in Apia yesterday and she told me that as soon as you contact her she will get back to you with the details for your wedding, I briefly explained what you wanted as far as the menu goes and she couldn't foresee any problem.

I have sent you her contact details through a Trip Advisor message. Please let me know how you go.

Manuia le aso

Deb

9. Re: Wedding in Samoa - 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11:35 pm, September 10, 2010
Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
4,089 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding in Samoa - 2011

Malo lava Patrick

Tai tele lava for the info, I'm sure it will come in very handy to TA members. I'll also keep a note of it for future reference as we do get a few enquiries about entertainment for functions.

Manuia le aso

Deb

Get answers to your questions about Apia