We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget Accommodation in Apia

Which Apia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shannon
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Budget Accommodation in Apia

I am arriving on Thursdy 29 July and planning on staying in Apia until I go to Savaii on Monday. Looking for budget single accommodation in Apia for those 4 nights. What about the Seaside Inn or Hidden Garden. Any other ideas?

On Savaii for the next week. Janes, Tanu and Vacations look the best. Do I need to book in advance or can I just show up on the day? Do they have single fales?

Thanks for your help.

Rick

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,787 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget Accommodation in Apia

Malo lava Rick

I wouldn't recommend either Seaside Inn or Hidden Garden, both are quite run down and really not worth what you pay.

I would recommend Taumesina Hideaway in the village of Moata'a about 5 mins from Apia. It's right on a lagoon which runs into the harbour, the enclosed fales are self contained, you get to experience true Samoan culture as you would be staying in a village, the hosts - Masi and Sara - go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need, you can swim, snorkel or fish and just generally relax. Breakfast can be organised for a little extra. It really is in a beautiful location with stunning sunrises and great people. Alternatively there's Aniva's Place or Vaiala Cottages which are both conveniently located with great staff and a communal atmosphere.

Check them out at:

taumesinahideaway.com

anivasplace.ws

vaialabeach,com/vaiala

On Savaii I would rule out Vacations and look at either Tanu, Janes, Reginas or Lauila Beach Fales. They all cater for single guests.

Hope this helps, if you have any further questions fire away.

Manuia le po (have a great evening)

Deb

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget Accommodation in Apia

I just returned from Samoa, I really enjoyed my stay there.

It was a budget holiday. I stayed at Nick's holiday home in Apia, find his holiday home on www.holidayhome.co.nz, it was a lovely unit and very affortable. The view and air conditioned bedroom worth what we pay for. In Savaii we stayed at the Saviian Hotel and Stevenson@Manase both are very nice accomodation, Saviian Hotel are cheaper but no aircon (they do have them in higher price), Stevenson are fair price for simple room with air con. I just find that without air con its too hot for me! All 3 places has great service and fair price.

3. Re: Budget Accommodation in Apia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 24, 2010