We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taufua Beach fales vs Virgin Cove Resort

Sydney
3 posts
Save Topic
Taufua Beach fales vs Virgin Cove Resort

Hi,

A friend and I are heading over to Samoa end of this month. Just wondering whether anyone has stayed at both of these places and can provide guidance as to which was best in terms of swimming, hospitality, single travellers etc.

Also....given it is the rainy season is there any guidance on either an open or closed fale ??

Thanks

Linda

Napier, New Zealand
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taufua Beach fales vs Virgin Cove Resort

Hi - have stayed at both places (actually Litia Sini, next to Taufua to be exact). Both Virgin Cove and Taufua are great. Taufua is probably a bit busier in terms of people around as there are a quite a few beach fales along that stretch, maybe a bit more sociable as it has a very nice relaxed restaurant and bar on the beach which people tend to hang out at. Mealtime seating is mostly communal, so it would be a good choice for a single traveller - no need to be Nigel-no-friends! I think that Lalomanu beach has the nicest beach on Upolo (apart from Vavau), but Virgin Cove is pretty nice too. Vigin Cove is quite secluded, very pretty and the fales are really lovely - ask for a "secluded fale" as they are on their own beach. If you had time, both Lalomanu (Taufua) and Virgin Cove are definately worth a visit. It will be very hot when you are there, so I think you would be more comfortable in an open fale to get the breeze. They all have drop down sides for when it rains and we found these to be very efficient. Hopefully it will only rain in short bursts! By the way, Virgin Cove has great food. As you can probably tell, we love Samoa and have been twice in the last year!