We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taufua, Faofao or Litia Sini

Samoa
5 posts
Save Topic
Taufua, Faofao or Litia Sini

Hi

We are 2 couples both with 15 month old babies and planning a trip to Samoa towards the end of Jan 09. We are trying to find out where will be the best to stay. We will definitely be needing enclosed fales and depending on cleanliness and distance to shared facilities would determine whether we need to consider ensuite fales or not. Also, where will there be better food that will suit our little ones? We would love to stay beach front but are happy not to if facilities are not suitable. Also, is electricity available all through the night? Would love a verandah but not essential. Mostly need to know which would be most baby freindly? Also, will we need to bring baby carseats for travel there? If we rent a car, do they hire out car seats? Thanks for the help.

Saskia

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
561 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Taufua, Faofao or Litia Sini

Litia Sini's and Taufu Fales are next to each other. Faofao fales are about 7 km more westwards along the southern road.

If enclosed fales and perfect facilities for babies are foremost priorities you should probably stick with Litia Sini's. Not that Taufua dont have ones but fales in Sini's seemed more suitable for kinds to me. Both are on the same beach so there is no tough decision on scenery and the lagoon. Food is great in either of them, but in Taufua's slightly better. You can arrage foof for babies, i believe.

Both fales tend to be crowded with white tourists.

As for electricity, in Taufua, they switch off the generator so no current during the night (after around 11pm i guess).

Faofao is more a off-beaten tracks, run by a family that is not as afluent as those in above fales. Facilities are more basic, although food is scrumptious and people friendly. Beach is a bit less beautiful and snorkeling off the beach is good (same level as in Taufua).

Brisbane
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Taufua, Faofao or Litia Sini

Hi,

We have just got back from staying at Litia Sini, with our two children. We found it fabulous including the food. I had also read that the food wasn't good but we thought it was fine. We had a wide range and every night it included a seafood and vegetarian dish. The enclosed fales are on the beach front, whilst at Taufua their open fales are on the beach front. Litia Sini also has security at night. I found Litia Sini quiet, peaceful ad relaxed and we are planning on going back. However, Taufua had a more social atmosphere but we could go there at night for a drink. Both places are welcoming and friendly.

Have fun

Carlie

13. Re: Taufua, Faofao or Litia Sini

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, October 16, 2009