We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What food can be taken into Samoa

Brisbane, Australia
1 post
Save Topic
What food can be taken into Samoa

Malo Lava,

Going on a holidya next month and wanting to know details of what can be taken into Samoa in regards to food?

We are departng AKL-APIA

Meat? Dry produce? Breads? etc? Dairy Products?

Word is things can get pricey in term of purchasing food there, so hoping to get some help if possible please

:)

Edited: 9:54 am, September 17, 2012
kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
837 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What food can be taken into Samoa

hi

i always bring a bag of snack type food, but the locals or people with family in samoa bring alot of food in , the dry stuff is no worries, i think with the meat make sure its packed properly ie vacume packed etc.

what are you doing in samoa for a month, working or holiaying?

the bread in samoa is so good ( but white ) so unless you need special type bread then i wouldnt bother with bread.

sue

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,895 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What food can be taken into Samoa

Malo lava Michael

Supermarkets are relatively cheap in Apia the best being Lucky Foodtown and Farmer Joe. Both have extensive ranges of breads including multigrain and wholemeal, banana bread etc

When we are in Samoa our food bill is approx half of what it is in Australia, you just need to know where to go.

Lucky's is the best for quality meat but I would strongly advise against going to Molesi, Frankie's and Chan Mow for meat. Most are OK for veggies and you'll find many roadside stalls which sell fruit and veg for a song.

You can bring anything into Samoa foodwise as long as you declare it,

Hope this helps

Manuia le aso

Deb

3. Re: What food can be taken into Samoa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, December 13, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Savai'i
Recent Conversations