We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Le Lagoto to ferry distance? Can you book ferry?

Auckland, New...
Level Contributor
57 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Le Lagoto to ferry distance? Can you book ferry?

How long does it take from ferry to Le Lagoto?

Travel agent confirmed ferry booking (no car) but the forum seems to say can't book ferry? I have paid the agent for ferry so how do I prove this when at ferry??

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Le Lagoto to ferry distance? Can you book ferry?

Malo Chantal

It takes around 45 mins.

You can't book the ferry unless you have a car so I don't know where your agent has got that from. How much did he/she charge? It is 12 tala per person one way and all you do is turn up and buy your ticket. You need to be at the ferry at least 30 mins prior to departure to avoid the rush. I'd definitely ask the agent to give you written confirmation of this booking as it's just not done and the ferry attendant wouldn't accept anything other than a wharf issued ticket unless you're in a car in which case they have a passenger list.

This is interesting, please let me know what happens.

Deb

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,868 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Le Lagoto to ferry distance? Can you book ferry?

One other thing Chantal, if the agent does have confirmation it needs to be on a Samoa Shipping Corporation letterhead or a receipt with their stamp on it.

Essex
Level Contributor
45 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Le Lagoto to ferry distance? Can you book ferry?

Hi Chantal, it is incredibly easy to get the ferry (we got back last week). We got to the wharf about an hour before launch which was well in excess, got our tickets in 2 minutes, and then just followed all the locals onto the boat. If you are catching the Lady Samoa III, there is plenty of seats and no real rush, but people did board the boat about 20mins before departure (then all the cars are loaded). We travelled on the smaller car ferry as well, there was only about 30 people travelling so there was no problem with a seat either. If it was busy though, and you are travelling on a car ferry, I think it is well worth "queuing up" to make sure you get a seat on the ferry. Have fun, it is quite an experience.

Auckland
Level Contributor
148 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Le Lagoto to ferry distance? Can you book ferry?

Travel agents can book through an in bound company in Samoa even if you do not have a vehicle to take across on the ferry. You should have received a ticket from your agent which shows the time of your ferry. This booked ticket happens generally when you book a transfer through the likes of Samoa Travel. They will collect you and take you to and from the ferry terminal in time for your booked ferry. Check out that point with your agent.

5. Re: Le Lagoto to ferry distance? Can you book ferry?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, May 23, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Savai'i