We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Savai'i Island

Melbourne
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Savai'i Island

I want to stay on Savai'i island in mid July. I would prefer not to take a car - are there bicycles for hire/buses/taxis?

I like swimming, snorkelling, walking, exploring. I'm looking at Lusia's Lagoon Chalets. Looks OK - anyone stayed there who can comment?

Thanks, Catherine

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
845 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Savai'i Island

i havent stayed there, jsut visited, its on a lagoon, so no beaches here, its basic and rustic but nice. its kind of in town, so near the ferry. the lagoon looked nice.

taxis are everywhere so you can get them to take you where ever you wanted, i would recommed exploring savaii, just agree on a price with a taxi. savaii is an amazingly gorgeous island.

its really worth the ferry ride over - i promise!

sue

Sydney
Level Contributor
354 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Savai'i Island

I've stayed here once in 2010. We were given the honeymoon suite. It was a spacious room, super clean bathroom with hot water and quiet at night. The staff when were very friendly and super accommodating, however, staff turn over seems to be high no matter where you stay in samoa. It was a convenient place to stay the night before you head back to Upolu because of its proximity to the wharf thats probably its best feature.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Savai'i Island

Thanks for your comment, Sue. That's really helpful. I will take your advice on savaii - sounds lovely. Regards, Catherine

Melbourne
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Savai'i Island

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. Sounds reassuring. Regards, Catherine

Sunshine Coast, Qld
Level Contributor
367 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Savai'i Island

HI Catherine

We stayed at Lusia's last September. It was only a five minute drive from the wharf. The thing that made our stay was that we booked the overwater ensuite chalet. This meant that we could literally dive straight off our balcony into the lagoon and we had our own ladder to climb back onto the deck. The sunrises were also beautiful from here. It was only a day trip from here to visit the blow holes and the waterfall but I would probably try and make it up to Manase and stay the night up there so that you can enjoy all the other sights in that area.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Savai'i Island

Thanks Jalaky, that's really good advice. I will try to get up to Manase and have a look. Thanks for taking the time. Regards, Catherine

7. Re: Savai'i Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:42 pm, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Savai'i
Recent Conversations