We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Selecting Accomodations

Piedmont, California
Level Contributor
14 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Selecting Accomodations

We are booking 3 nights at one of the following Nov 2010. Having never been to Samoa (we will have come from Fiji), we are uncertain which to select. Price is not the concern (they are all within the same range). We are looking for a bit of romance, good snorkeling, relaxation and feeling a sense of peace there (vs in a cement corporate hotel). Thank you in advance for any recommendations.

1. LeUaina Seaside Resort

2. Le Lagoto Resort

3. Lusias Lagoon Chalet

4. Litia Sini Beach Resort

I realize they are spread across the two islands, so uncertain if one island is more suitable than the other.

Thank you

Jana

Auckland Central...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Selecting Accomodations

Malo le soifua

If you only have three nights, then I'd stick to the island of 'Upolu rather than trying to fit in the ferry transfers.

In that case, out of the three you have named, my choice would be Litia Sini Beach Resort at Lalomanu. My reasons? Best beach :o)

The snorkelling is not so good after the tsunami as a lot of the coral is damaged, but the beach itself is gorgeous.

Le Uaina is nice, but I think the beach at Lalomanu is better.

Fa soifua

Tina

kurrajong
Destination Expert
for Samoa
Level Contributor
837 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Selecting Accomodations

i agree with tina, i would stay on upolu if you only have 3 days. maximize your time relaxing and enjoying the beauty of samoa.

as tina said - the best beach is lalomanu - its amazing ! I love it.

we usually stay at litia sini's

(but havent stayed at the 'new' place , since they reopened following all the rebuilding after the tsunami. )

It will be a change i guess from the accomodation in fiji, there wont be air con ( but you will have the sea breezes).

if you stay here would you hire a car so you can go off and explore at your own pace, if you do i would recommed going for a drive to the To Sua ocean trench, then stop in at the togitogiga waterfall, and then perhaps a lovely lunch at the amazing resort - sinalei.

Le Uaine is fantastic, lovely rooms / air con.

enjoy your holidays

sue

Edited: 6:00 am, October 21, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Selecting Accomodations

snorkelling in apia at palolo deep marine reserve is really cheap & you can hire snorkelling goggles from there too, peace & quiet & safety you can find at vaiala beach cottages its like 2mins from the reserve, seeing as you're there for 3 days then you may want to just take day trips out to Savaia - i would not recommend you go by bus from town it will take you very long to get there, and by taxi hrmmm might cost you $100SAT + but in Savaia they have a marine reserve as well and its the most prettiest village in Upulo (no i'm not from there so i'm not biased lol).

Have a fantastic time in our beautiful country.

4. Re: Selecting Accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 18, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Savai'i
Recent Conversations