We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wedding in Samoa

Wellington, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Wedding in Samoa

Hi,

We are planning on getting married on Savai'i in August 2010 and would like to hear other people's experiences. Has anyone ever gotten married on this Island, or at Le Lagoto resort in particular? What about other wedding related things, such as photographers, on the island? And is it expensive?

Thanks!

Mary

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,942 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wedding in Samoa

Malo lava Mary

If you are getting married at Le Lagoto I would have thought they would have arranged a photographer for you as part of the wedding package. Have you asked the person you have been liaising with there? I don't know of any photographers on Savaii so one would have to come from Apia I suppose. The best in Samoa is Efi who can be contacted at photocentre@samoa.ws. I believe she gives the best price as well. Whilst the photographer's fee is relatively cheap, the production of photos is not so rather than having hard copies done I suggest you ask for a disc and have them developed when you get home. I'm sure florists can be arranged by Le Lagoto as well.

If there is anything else you need to find out about just let me know and I'll do my best to help. Otherwise have a wonderful wedding in this beautiful country.

Manuia le aso

Deb

Brisbane
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wedding in Samoa

Hi Mary

I am getting married this September and am going through Efi at Photocentre. The following package is what I'm going with to give you a fair idea of prices:

The package of $1250 will be : (4hrs)

1 wedding album with following photo(s) sizes inside

6" x 4" - 60

5" x 7" - 1

6" x 8" - 2

8" x 10 - 1

8" x 12" - 1

1 CD with all photos that are in the album.

There will be a cost incurred for travel to Savaii. The package I am going with is probably the most expensive but they do have cheaper ones available.

I hope this helps :) Good luck!

Wellington, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wedding in Samoa

Hi Deb,

Thanks for the information. We are waiting for the wedding information from Le Lagoto, but have already booked out stay there. We were looking for something a bit more simple that most resorts offer in packages, it will be just the two of us, but I thought I would see what people thought as far a getting flowers and that type of thing. I glad to know there is a photographer who people like, though with just a wedding and no formal reception we would not need someone for very long.

We are also looking for somewhere to stay for 3 nights on Upolu, but most of the "resorts" are booked up. Can you suggest places that are nice but might not be fully booked already?

Thanks!

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,942 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wedding in Samoa

Malo lava Mary

I hope the details that jez12 provided might help or perhaps there may be a photographer that Le Lagoto uses in Savaii that could do just the wedding photos for you, I'm sure they'll be able to arrange some flowers as well. As jez said you would have to pay travel expenses for Efi to come to Savaii so it may not be worth it. Contact her anyway and she may have some suggestions for you. I'm sure she'd know of someone on Savaii.

August is high tourist season hence resorts being booked out. There are a couple of new ones - Le Uaina and Galusina - try them and see what they say. Have you tried hotels in Apia - Le Manumea, Aggie Greys Hotel and Bungalows or the new Tanoa Tusitala. What sort of budget range are you looking at?

Good luck and let me know what happens.

Manuia le aso

Deb

Wellington, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Wedding in Samoa

Hi Deb,

We have decided to give Le Uaina at try, as it seems to be close to some interesting spots to visit on the island and other people seemed to have enjoyed their stays there.

Do you happen to know if there are in villages near Le Lagoto? It can be difficult to figure out what is near by from the travel guides.

Cheers,

Mary

Woolgoolga...
Destination Expert
for Apia, Samoa
Level Contributor
3,942 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wedding in Samoa

Malo Mary

Le Uaina is a great choice, it's also Samoan owned and build which makes it kind of secial, I'm sure you'll have a great stay, it's not that far from town either if you feel like exloring a little.

Le Lagoto is in the village of Fagamalo and close to Manase Beach where there is lots of other fale accommodation with bars and restaurants etc, there are lots of other villages in the surrounds as well so you can get to see the local side of Samoan life.

I hoe you have a wonderful wedding Mary, let us know how it was when you get back.

Fa soifua

Deb

auckland
Level Contributor
52 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Wedding in Samoa

Hi Mary, My partner and I are getting married at Le Lagoto next year in July. I travelled over to Savaii and stayed at Lelagoto this June to have a look around and plan everything with our wedding.

The person you want to deal with there is Gabriella, she has been most helpful and sat down and had a meeting with us while we were there and sorted everything out for us.

We are taking the 1500 USD wedding package which includes the minster/celebrant (it is the same person so if you were wanting someone who isnt a minister be aware that it is the same person, however he is happy to conduct a non religist ceremony)

Floral Archway

Wedding Co ordinator (im not sure who this is, we just deal with Gabriella from the resort and she is most helpful)

All requirments for marriage licence

Bouquet for bride, button whole for groom, (the resort also agree to give us our bridesmaids and grooms mens flowers for free)

one tier wedding cake

a performance group for an hour

We will be bringing our wedding photographer with us as we have one in the wedding party. However the wedding photographer that Le Lagoto recommends on there wedding documents is The Photo centre in Apia. photocentre@samoa.ws.

I am unsure whether you have been to the resort before but it is the most amazing place to get married, Le Lagoto has a lovely little beach and it is just perfect for a wedding.

Good luck with ur wedding plans, it would be great to hear howthe whole thing goes(if you do decide on Le Lagoto) and whether there are any do's nd donts you would recommend on your return!!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wedding in Samoa

heya jez is that price in AUD or SAT? lol. i'm wanting to get a price for Savaii obviously would have to include travel time for photographer to get there. Thanks heaps. :)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wedding in Samoa

Hi Mary, Congratulations! how did your wedding go in Savaii? I'm getting married there and would welcome any feedback you have.

Brisbane
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wedding in Samoa

Hi tasialofa

sorry it was $1250tala... Tim, the photographer created such beautiful photos and it rained all day on our wedding day! I would highly recommend this photographer!

Get answers to your questions about Savai'i
Recent Conversations