We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport Quito to Banos

England
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Topic
transport Quito to Banos

I know a lot has been written about this subject and understand about the bus and how to get there. I Understand that on these local buses there maybe a possibility that you wil not get a seat. As we are failry active 60 year old I cannot envisage that my husband could stand on a crowded bus for an attended amount of time. my qiestion is - does anyone know if there are alternative buses where you can actually book a seat. Also we would like to spend 3 nights in Banos mainly chilling out as we will have already been travelling for a while. Is it a good place just to do this. Thank you

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,539 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport Quito to Banos

You probably won´t have a problem finding a seat as long as it´s not a holiday weekend. A weekday would be even better. Show up about 20-30 before the scheduled departure and you should be fine. I´ve always been able to get a seat on a bus.

For chilling purposes, once again--avoid holidays! The last time I went to Baños was a holiday and it was crowded and very noisy with go-karts all over the place. I recommend La Posada del Arte as a place to stay.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
38,180 posts
404 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport Quito to Banos

I second Posada del Arte. Great place, great hosts.

I have not even been yet but Jim responds to emails promptly, the Website is informative and I cannot wait.

As to transprt I/we are just getting someone with a car to take the three of us back to Quito. Maybe $75 but split three ways it beats the bus.

England
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: transport Quito to Banos

Thank you both very much for the information

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transport Quito to Banos

With 2 or more unless super shoestring for me

Driver/Guide always superior to long grungy bus...

saexplorers.org/clubhouses/quito good info on local drivers like

dennistourguide@hotmail.com good personal experience

or other good driver

5. Re: transport Quito to Banos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 20, 2011