We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When will Banos Open after Eruption

Quito
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Topic
When will Banos Open after Eruption

I am planning on going to Banos from Quito Next week. I heard that they were closing down roads going Banos until further notice due to the eruption.

If anyone knows when Banos will be back open please help with an update on the status of tourism accessablilty in Banos.

Thanks!

Amsterdam
Level Contributor
236 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: When will Banos Open after Eruption

Baños is open still. The roads had been not closed to Baños. Roads are close to other villages which are more endangered. Regards.

Quito
Level Contributor
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: When will Banos Open after Eruption

Awesome! Thanks for the update!

Any recommendations on the best bus company to take from Quito to Banos?

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Quito, Ecuador
Level Contributor
10,605 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When will Banos Open after Eruption

The first-class buses are pretty much the same. Just look for a Baños bus that looks good to you. Frankly, I've never paid any attention to what company any bus belongs to!

4. Re: When will Banos Open after Eruption

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 27, 2010